Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhonda

Nov 1, 2002
Millinocket
www.millinocketflorist.com
State / Prov
Maine
okay, I've kept a check on what was being said in the blog regarding a former applicant here. She's gone full time apparently offering sympathy design (well, I don't call these design)...
budgetdesignerflorals.com/3.html (didn't want to actually link)
My humble opinion........(disclaimer)

Wow, those are really.... round. LOL And I love the roadway background. Hope she doesn't get hit by a car taking those pics.

Was this the one that called us all meanies and stormed off to write a nasty blog about florists? There have been so many I can hardly remember....

And how, exactly, do you do this?

We are a Virginia local florist in Forest, VA.

We serve the Roanoke, Lynchburg, Bedford, Blacksburg, Charlottesville, Richmond, Norfolk & Virginia Beach Areas. We are always willing to travel within VA, northern North Carolina, Southern West Virginia and Maryland.

We are also serving Ventura & Los Angeles Counties in California.

Emphasis mine...isn't that a bit odd?

Oh my... I guess the rest of us bilk the customer in their time of sorrow.

V

We do funeral sprays, baskets and casket sprays. We charge a modest price to be considerate of the family and use lots of flowers in our arrangements. We do our best to meet personal requests.

I kinda feel sorry for her, even though she told us to all cram thorns up our arses.

She needs some schoolin'..

what the h**l did I just look at........were these really done by a professional designer...no wonder the public doesn't always trust people in our profession.

what the h**l did I just look at........were these really done by a professional designer...no wonder the public doesn't always trust people in our profession.

The answer is NO. These WERE done by a professional flower arrangerer.

She gets paid to arrange flowers poorly.

A professional DESIGNER would have not sent those out and they sure as hell would not have taken pictures of them.

But you know what, anybody who goes to her site and orders them, they know exactly what they will be getting, and if that's what they want.. let them have it.

Seriously, I think the background is worse than the designs.

Well, As bad as it pains me to say this......I have seen worse.

These "designs" are horrible and remind me of a couple sympathy baskets that I saw at the funeral home yesterday...Maybe this wont shock anyone, but I have never been so appalled to see that the other local "florist" (believe me, she's no florist) took gold lettering and STAPLED, yes, I said stapled them to the ribbon. This wasn't just a few here and there...every freakin' letter was held down with about 15 staples each...I placed my pieces on the other side of the room...didn't want to be anywhere near that crap...not to mention how fugly the flowers were..I could go on.....but I digress. :hammer:

I'm more than a little surprised (?) at using completely closed lily buds in a spray, without an open lily in sight .... but I have seen much much worse, and not far from here.

...Maybe this wont shock anyone, but I have never been so appalled to see that the other local "florist" took gold lettering and STAPLED, yes, I said stapled them to the ribbon.
Won't shock me, as we staple the oldy styled script here, but very subtly, attached to sheer ribbon, over a complementing bow. Certainly not with 15 staples! :) Maybe next year we'll be able to spring for the Elite or Fiorella ...

Wow!!! I have no personal experience with doing funeral arangements yet but I see many of them go out of our shop and I must say I have never seen anything that round.. but hey at least we all get a little laugh!! ha ha

These "designs" are horrible and remind me of a couple sympathy baskets that I saw at the funeral home yesterday...Maybe this wont shock anyone, but I have never been so appalled to see that the other local "florist" (believe me, she's no florist) took gold lettering and STAPLED, yes, I said stapled them to the ribbon. This wasn't just a few here and there...every freakin' letter was held down with about 15 staples each...I placed my pieces on the other side of the room...didn't want to be anywhere near that crap...not to mention how fugly the flowers were..I could go on.....but I digress. :hammer:
stapled is better than the script falling off.. I staple too, but you can't see it, It's very subtle.

BTW.. I hate banners period..

Status
Not open for further replies.