Not open for further replies.

lori042499

May 3, 2006
Melrose, Massachusetts, United States
www.affairstorememberflorist.com
State / Prov
MA
Is a standard box of boxwood 10lbs???

I know I get 8 boxwood trees out of a box of boxwood and I just picked up a box today but it is 25lbs and it was way more than I remember it being last year...The box also seems a lot heavier...It is hickson's boxwood, so it is really good boxwood...

Yes 25# only 8 tress out of one box? What size are you makeing? Do you soak it? That sounds like not alot of trees for even a 10lb box? But hey, I am old so just curious on that,,,

Yes 25# only 8 tress out of one box? What size are you makeing? Do you soak it? That sounds like not alot of trees for even a 10lb box? But hey, I am old so just curious on that,,,

Imake biggish ones....I havn't made them myself in quite a few years because of the time it takes to make them, but I have a whole lot of time right now and can make them pretty fast...I was mistaken I usually get 12 trees from a 20# box, I found my notes...

I do soak it...It just makes it nicer and easier to keep hydrated once made, especially if making this far in advance...

Our boxes are usually 25# as well.

We also add some balsam/pine/cedar after they shape is set. Cuts the boxwood a little, adds fragrance & hides some of the funky smell the trees sometimes get. What is that smell anyway? I hate those calls from customers who say it smells skunky ...

The neighbor was thoughtful enough to plant beautiful red cedar trees - we're going to lightly prune them for X-mas this year.

Our boxes are usually 25# as well.

We also add some balsam/pine/cedar after they shape is set. Cuts the boxwood a little, adds fragrance & hides some of the funky smell the trees sometimes get. What is that smell anyway? I hate those calls from customers who say it smells skunky ...

The neighbor was thoughtful enough to plant beautiful red cedar trees - we're going to lightly prune them for X-mas this year.

That smell is boxwood, kind of a cat pee smell classic of evergreens...lots of things outdoors have this similar smell...not pretty but what can you do..I usually give a sprits of evergreen balsam spray and glitter spray to cut the smell. I bet fabreze would freshen it up a bit too.

I'd caution anyone to be careful on that Fabreeze stuff,,,,,just don't use it,,,if you do, then you need to put a disclaimer on everything you do, For the sake of doing anything.

I'd caution anyone to be careful on that Fabreeze stuff,,,,,just don't use it,,,if you do, then you need to put a disclaimer on everything you do, For the sake of doing anything.

What's the reason on the disclaimer, just curious???

Status
Not open for further replies.