Official FlowerChat Order Gatherer Registry

I didn't see Best Floral in the list. He called me for an order. Wanted dozen roses for $60.00 (including delivery-$8) and the buyer told me that she paid $89!!.

Judy

quick question, Rosie, you have all the "site names" listed but if they send over the ws, how will we actually know they have captured from one of these sites...such as Karins/Flowers Sent Today that one is familiar to most all of us...but like who is Best Boston Florist? The actual shop names is a list we should publish. IMHO

Is this a new one?

www.flowersallover.com

Not sure how they got my email addy, but it was in there this morning...notice the Domain Server at the bottom...

Organization:
exotic flowers & garden center
paul trifiro
96 glades road
scituate, ma 02066
US
Phone: 781-383-1966
Fax..: 781-383-9991
Email: [email protected]

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

Domain Name: FLOWERSALLOVER.COM

Created on..............: Mon, Sep 01, 2003
Expires on..............: Fri, Sep 01, 2006
Record last updated on..: Sat, Aug 07, 2004

Administrative Contact:
exotic flowers & garden center
paul trifiro
96 glades road
scituate, ma 02066
US
Phone: 781-383-1966
Fax..: 781-383-9991

Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
Register.Com
Domain Registrar
575 8th Avenue - 11th Floor
New York, NY 10018
US
Phone: 902-749-2701
Fax..: 902-749-5429

Domain servers in listed order:

SERVER.MEDIA99.COM 66.139.181.65

Something to check out....

As online gurus, we spend a lot of time investigating internet advertising. We have come across "suspicious practices" on realpages.com. It may or not affect your realpages listing. Here is the scenario;

On the home page of www.realpages.com, via the second search field you can search for a business by name. Enter the name of your shop, your city and state. Take note when you come across the box ad with your shops info. Oddly enough in some cases there is a RED hyperlink directly to Proflowers.com! It says, "Send flowers plus a FREE vase!". These "proflowers links" only seem to be showing when searching through the "business name" search database, not when searching by category. But using/affiliating a REAL flower shops info box to promote a grower-direct website is just wrong. We have seen this coming up randomly but often. So, we want florists to check it out, and see if your information is affected by this snafu. Maybe if enough people address this, realpages will stop selling out to these order gatherers and companies that compete with the real local florists!

C1 pricing

Thank you for advertising my C1 starting price...I'd be happy to fill your C1 orders from $59.99C including delivery in Sarnia as pictured!!!!! Guaranteed to please.
Happy Holidays!
Tanya and staff @ Jenny's Floral Studio

TANYA fyi

Tanya,
Since your store sends us orders every Christmas for the C1 my MINIMUM including delivery in my town is 74.50... and will not be filled for less.
Hugh & Staff Atkinson Flowers

Lov'n blooms

Consumer Watch | A lawsuit threat in an online sale

By Jeff Gelles Inquirer Columnist

Ah, the wonders of modern commerce.

I can sit at my desk here in Philadelphia, type "flowers Ardmore" into my computer, and wind up talking to a call center in Arkansas for a company in Georgia, all to send a bunch of roses a few miles away.

Or I could be like Marlene Petter. I could find the same company online, and order flowers for a sister in North Jersey - then wind up threatened with a $25,000 slander suit for complaining they weren't delivered.

Internet commerce isn't supposed to be a roll of the dice, but sometimes it is. Fear of dealing with a faceless or distant business is surely one reason that, according to the latest study by the Pew Internet & American Life Project, shopping lags many other activities that lure people online.

Even among Internet-shopping horror stories, though, Petter's stands out, if only for its sheer strangeness.

All Petter wanted was to send flowers for her sister's birthday. What she got instead was a week's worth of mounting annoyance, punctuated by that lawsuit threat.

A threat like that would make anybody mad, wouldn't it? And it turns out Petter probably has plenty of company.

One shopper's story

Petter began a week ago, as I did yesterday, by typing a few words into Google. I tried "flowers Ardmore," just out of curiosity. She used her sister's North Jersey hometown.

Both of us got a page with lots of choices. One, labeled as a sponsored link, was for www.flowershope.com, a Web site operated by a Macon, Ga., company called Lovin' Blooms.

She clicked. She ordered. She waited. When the flowers didn't arrive, she called to check and complain, and did so again Monday and Tuesday.

With this kind of business, there's no way for an outsider to confidently lay blame. Still, Petter has good reason to be skeptical at being told that a local florist attempted delivery last Saturday: Her sister had been home all day.

Petter's sister finally did get the flowers on Wednesday, but by then the damage had been done. That morning, when Petter called flowershope.com and asked for a refund of her $50, things took a nasty turn.

Petter spoke with someone identified as an investigator, and says she was treated rudely from the start. The conversation ended after the investigator threatened a defamation suit if Petter filed any formal complaints.

Petter, a businesswoman who lives in the Gray's Ferry section, was undaunted. She went online again - this time to complain to the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org).

A pattern of complaints

It's a shame Petter didn't do that last week. She might have stayed away from flowershope.com, which the BBB says has "a pattern of unresolved complaints."

To Petter, the report was oddly familiar: "Complaints generally allege rude customer service personnel, delivery issues, and difficulty receiving refunds."

The report doesn't say, but there's apparently another part of the pattern, according to Kelvin Collins, who heads the local BBB: slander suits.

"They say that with just about every response," Collins told me.

Collins says the company has drawn 63 complaints in the last three years. A dozen were resolved, and 21 more are considered resolved because the customer has never said otherwise. Twenty-six are still open.

In case you're wondering, BBB officials say suggestions of slander suits against consumers are empty threats, because courts generally grant the agency immunity. Without consumers, it wouldn't have anything to say.

Still, if it comes to it, they say they'll help defend a consumer's right to gripe, and have even done so in court.

That's not likely to be necessary in Petter's case.

I couldn't reach anybody at the company, but I asked its lawyer, Sam Alderman 3d, about the threat of a slander suit. He's never filed any, he says.

Besides, on Thursday, flowershope.com refunded Petter's money.

That, you may recall, is all she ever asked.

Flowersforyou.com

www.flowersforyou.com

phone: 800-838-8853

Address: From You Flowers, LLC

Po Box 805

Old Saybrook, CT 06475

Who was it that used to hang out in Old Saybrook? This can;t be a new one?

RoseVeranda.con .net

Did a Yahoo search for a local funeral home, and when the results came up, this site came up with Smith Miner Funeral Home Flowers as number one...

Another OG...

I must add, that iLocalflorist came up number two...way to go mlou!!!

Drop Ship Affiliate Biz on Ebay!?!?!?!?

Heck, anyone can sell flowers, NOT! :nonono:

Check out this website biz for sale on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46687&item=3867899415&tc=photo

Good grief, this is all we need, MORE order gatherers for drop shippers, and they promote this like its a good supplemental income for students, work at home moms. :hammer: This is one for my "GIVE ME A BREAK" Files....

LOYALIST FLOWERS & GIFTS, BATH, ONT

Another - Loyalist Flowers & Gifts, Bath Ont. If you go to their website www.yourlocalflowershop.com and search for your province you'll get a page with "Florist in ..." covering many cities throughout Canada; every link I checked referred the "clickee" back to their web page. If the consumer doesn't check they'll think that the page they went to is the site for the "florist in ..." where they wanted to send flowers!

about us in the Florida one states "Albany NY florist"

localflorist. com uses FTD pics

Another flowers.localstreets.com
admin located in Singapore on easydns in TO I believe
Quote -
Our Contacts In Canada:
3249 Broadway W,
Vancouver,
BC V6K 2H5
Customer Services Number: 604-738-0678

Our Headquarter is located at:
LocalStreets Inc.
2800 Bowers Ave
Santa Clara, CA 95051,USA

Hey Frank, they're using FTD pics!!!!!!!!

BOSS said:
These might have been discussed here somewhere before, and I don;t remember (get'n older ya know)...

www.flowersofmichigan.com
www.flowersof california.com
www.flowersofflorida.com
www.flowersoftexas.com

And yes folks you guessed it...name a state and same result...

WHO IS please?...thanks

It appears these are those real estate/travel based sites CHR has been speaking of
"flowersofflorida.com, a division of Regional Direct.com"
go to regionaldirect and you see it is a travel site
look like non-florists to me and look like teleflora members.

HUGH...COULD THIS BE THE REBIRTH OF VANCOUVER FLORAL?

I got the invitation to join a new "network" of florists. Checked the Vancouver shop on their list....Guess who? Could this be the way that Vancouver Floral is going to maintain their huge and efficient order-gathering machine, by creating their OWN network of willing filling shops? No one ever accused them of being dumb. This is fascinating!

Note the question marks after the FTD selection guide numbers. Could be perceived protection from legal action or just a temporary step along the way while they fish for coverage.

Rock said:
Another flowers.localstreets.com
admin located in Singapore on easydns in TO I believe
Quote -
Our Contacts In Canada:
3249 Broadway W,
Vancouver,
BC V6K 2H5
Customer Services Number: 604-738-0678

Our Headquarter is located at:
LocalStreets Inc.
2800 Bowers Ave
Santa Clara, CA 95051,USA

Hey Frank, they're using FTD pics!!!!!!!!
Same phone number as http://www.a1florists.com/fourseasonsfloral/

Many of the city specific doorway pages list real flower shops way at the bottom of the pages (in light text with no outbound links.)

We received the following email from them a while back:
We are an international online flower delivery company,
http://flower.localstreets.com/xml/en/Los Angeles/store_00024____1.asp

We have many orders to your region (about 100 orders/month) , and we are looking for local partner in Los Angeles,CA.

We found you through your website:
http://www.XXXXXXXXXXXXX.com

Please contact us as soon as possible if you are interested.

Best Regards -George

TopFlorist Team
LocalStreets Inc.
http://flower.localstreets.com
Primarily looks to be a direct shipper brokering same day orders to local shops.

Paul said:
I got the invitation to join a new "network" of florists. Checked the Vancouver shop on their list....Guess who? Could this be the way that Vancouver Floral is going to maintain their huge and efficient order-gathering machine, by creating their OWN network of willing filling shops? No one ever accused them of being dumb. This is fascinating!

Note the question marks after the FTD selection guide numbers. Could be perceived protection from legal action or just a temporary step along the way while they fish for coverage.

That's what happened to Tom Meola - he has his own network of filling shops and operates without a wire service, in my understanding. All the King's Horses and all the Kings Florists haven't been able to get this scourge out of the industry, in about 10 years of trying.

Any info on Gifttree/GiftServices

Does any body know anything about this "organization"?
Just recieved a call from them from Vancover Wa to place a balloon order thru tf.

Just so happens we have ended our affiliation with tf as of July 1 (thanks to the board members here who have been so helpful in shedding light on what has been happening with tf and their policies--- this is a whole new subject matter with us.)
After taking the order we checked with the find a florist on tf site only to find them listed and underneath was listed www.nancefloralshoppe.com.
Who is a shop in New Albany, Ind.
Called them back and questioned why the listing went to nancefloralshoppe.com and their reply was I don't know as we are a ligitimate business in Vancouver Wa. and are both TF & FTD.
Guess I got taken by her explanations and we did searches on the find a florist to show her why I was concerned.....probably a typical response from her was.. We had no idea this was showing up like that and will have the manager check in to it.

Yes we got taken and filled the order----but this was a learning expierence not to be repeated.
Thanks guys
Rich