Cool Flower Shop Websites

Rich - Thanks for the link. Very cool photos.

Site of a West LA couture florist, House of Petals contains not only gorgeous shots of weddings and events plus original arrangements for online ordering - but take a look under their 'Events at House of Petals' link at the Ecopetal organic flower kickoff. No that's the way to launch a product line.

This is the second LA florist where I spotted photos of flowers in vases inserted upside-down. Funky, original but what about the vase life - especially in the 100 degree heat we're having?

Their pictures.

CHR said:
Rich - Thanks for the link. Very cool photos.

Site of a West LA couture florist, House of Petals contains not only gorgeous shots of weddings and events plus original arrangements for online ordering - but take a look under their 'Events at House of Petals' link at the Ecopetal organic flower kickoff. No that's the way to launch a product line.

This is the second LA florist where I spotted photos of flowers in vases inserted upside-down. Funky, original but what about the vase life - especially in the 100 degree heat we're having?

Their home page picture and their arrangement pictures are so clear and vibrant, they seem 3D!

I have been a BIG 2advanced fan for about 5 years now. I got to meet one of the programmers once, he came into my shop, orderer flowers for his girl friend in Ashlnad, he was from out of town he said, and we got to talking web design. He pulled out his card and I was star struck! My chin hit the ground! Not their last design, but the one before that one, with the sky moving up top through the buildings was freaking awesome. Then a bunch of template people ripped it off.

2advanced has been called by many the best flash developers in the world. I called them 4 years ago for a quote and I quiety said ok, thank you, hung up the phone and crawled under a rock.

Here's an amazing site for a school of floral design in Singapore. It's in Flash. Be sure to launch it in full screen.

Spectacular design work displayed in a state-of-the-art site design.

Just too bad that when webmasters put such a great effort into making a nice website they don't consider the fact that not everyone uses IE browser. Just dumb in my opinion.

Here are a couple original sites by local florists:

http://www.simplyperfectflowers.ca/ - features all original designs, including hand-tieds. Really like their logo.

http://www.flowersbynan.com/ - features mostly original designs. The orchids arrangements are probably good sellers. This shop has selected a niche and done it well, IMO. (Note: Aside from the home page, they will probably have problems being found in search since the product pages are all images with no 'on page' text.)

There is so much i like about both shops.. EASY to load with my dial-up connection. SimplyPerfect: upcomming events.. and the added DETAILS.. The FAQ page, the text on every catagory page..and i love that she offers hand-tieds.
Flowersbynan.... nice picture of her shopfront.. great photos of her work.. and my favorite.. A picture of NAN! so many sites don't have any shots of PEOPLE.. imo customers want to put a face to the voice..the want a connection.
Thanks CHR , i always look foreward to your finds

Rob, nice site. It has a lovely local and personal flair. Thanks.

On a completely different note, here's one for an event florist in Dubai. http://www.upscaleandposh.com/ . *Warning - Flash* IMO, the wedding 'book' presentation is sweet and the event shots are pretty darn grand.

They have taken a few of the 800flower products and added a little twist to them to make them more appealing. I like.... might have to steal that idea.

Time to bump this thread to share an amazing site - Flowers Feed The Soul , a floral studio in Singapore. It's in *Flash* and does not offer online selling, but I absolutely love the total experience - visuals, sweet & simple music and floral design presentation. (To view the arrangements, click on the little ballons above the word 'Flowers'.)

Someone took a lot of time and care. Seeing the site makes me believe they'd do the same with their floral designs.