Cool Flower Shop Websites

London, Ontario wedding and event company Patzee's Floral Scapes.

The flash entry moves a bit slowly but the petal-covered gown is stunning. Some very clever shots including the lovely bride posted below.

The company has definitely worked hard to create the impression of offering creative, signature floral designs. Be sure to check out the organized-by-color wedding gallery.

Attachments

• SnowBride.gif
    SnowBride.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 274
I was reading this months Bride Magazine and found a few websites that haven't been posted yet. I saw some we already had like bellefluer, lotus and one my my favs www.prudencedesigns.net, but here are some new ones:

http://posyflowers.com/

http://www.banchetflowers.com

http://chestnutsnyc.com (this site is not that great, but on page 72, they have a bouquet that is one of the nicest bouquets I've ever seen.)

On page 158 it talks about trends and my wife was quoted on chartreuse and chocolate basil. :) It's small, but we made it! :)

CHR said:
http://www.muscarifineflowers.com/

Lovely arrangements in a contemporary, botanically themed site design. Love the leaf motif.

Love the way they use the wrapped foliages, too.

Ooooh, I love their stuff! They have and eye and a feel and they obviously know how to present their product to the appropriate clientelle.

V

If you haven't looked lately, FC member Dazeal (Brandon) has redesigned his shop site, Kirkland's, and done an outstanding job.

The Mother's Day home page theme is warm and yet contemporary and the new design selections are beautifully shot. I also especially like the clever writing throughout the site.

Great job! Brandon, with photos like that, can we draft you to work on the FC calendar project? :>

I hunted out Brandon's site about a while ago (not easy because his bio doesn't have much info to reveal him!). I am blown away by the luscious style of these flowers, and the perfect photos, set in beautiful surroundings. Truly a lovely tasteful site.
tracy:thumbsup

Brandon (great job but)

You spelled Meadow wrong in your "Garden Meadow" bouquet!
Great Pics, love the settings and props!

Good job.

Very nice Brandon. You have some of the best photography I have seen on a floral website, including the ones that spend tens of thousands of dollars. Very pleasing colors also.

A couple of things you might want to look into at the bottom of your website. I could not get the links "flowers", "Florist", and Google Local (gave me google map not your place) to work.

Good job. Clay

Typo

There's a typo on the Sweet Pea arrangement - well, I hope it's a typo. The large is listed as $2100.

Pretty website.

Thank you all for kind words and than you VERY much for the typos and the bad links. As soon as I got epicflowers.com back today, I wanted the new look and spent 2 hours today doing that. Lord knows my spelling is one of my weaknesses.

Not all the images are mine; I bought them from a photographer almost 5 years ago for $5500. It was a large chunk out of our start up cost, but well worth it. The images on the front page are 200x200 and we found that at epic, customers really liked the BIG pics.

We did do a photo shoot for the epicflowers site about a year ago that came to $4500, but I didn't pay for that one, the corp with money did. :p

I just updated, a few weeks ago, our wedding portfolio last year: http://www.chicfloral.com/wedding_flowers.htm if you didn't get to see it.

My goal this spring/summer is to add ecommerce to the site and as Cathy pointed out, put in alt tags, which is very important for SEO.

I also am working on a flash driven "florist buying group" website that should launch in June. I'm negotiating some awesome flower deal direct from the farm and am talking with John Henry next week who might offer us some good discounts. :)

PS - Cathy are you getting any of my PMs? I've sent two in 3 weeks.

A few sites, some already mentioned in this thread, deserve fresh looks for their very cool content.

RC of Oberer's celebrates an employee's 50 years! with his company on their home page. A linked story lovingly describes Mr. Wahl's specialty, casket sprays.
Day after day, year after year, Jerry designs these most personal floral tributes meeting each family's request for one of their last gestures of love and respect and paying tribute to their loved one's life. Whether it was the passing of a grandmother, a father, a wife, or the tragic loss of a child, Jerry has been faithfully there in the background making sure his part has been done with detail to perfection. So day after day and without fanfare, Jerry touches the lives of people at their time of most distress, and at one point over the years, indirectly, he has touched nearly every life in the Miami Valley.
There's a link to send Mr. Wahl a personal note. :)

June's Floral Management issue arrived at our shop yesterday and the feature topic is websites. Mark Silacci (seen on the cover) of Swenson and Silacci talks about the importance of featuring their shop's unique products and keeping content fresh.

While Silacci's sites are organized around occasion driven categories with a classic shopping cart feel, the article also features the less-is-more look of Winston's Flowers. This site bowls me over every time I view it.

The Gifts for Others section is divided into two categories, Expressions of Happiness and Expressions of Sympathy. (Essentially, don't flowers-as-a-gift all boil down to those two sentiments?) Instead of pages and pages of photos, Winston's features a single page for each theme.

The Happiness selections changes monthly to reflect the season. Also note how the images are sized relative to one another so the rose arrangement is shown larger than the more compact designs (reflecting the scale change in real life), instead of every-arrangement-fits-in-the-same-box look of most sites.

How many of us have a page urging customers the treat themselves? Love it!

The slow days of summer are the perfect time to look at other sites for inspiration and to spend time developing and implementing fresh ideas to impart your own special brand to your virtual store. IMO, that Floral Management article is a good place to start.

Reactions: 1 person
RC of Oberer's celebrates an employee's 50 years! with his company on their home page. A linked story lovingly describes Mr. Wahl's specialty, casket sprays.

Amazing - I think I'll give him a call, this is a real special moment!

Mark Silacci (seen on the cover) of Swenson and Silacci talks about the importance of featuring their shop's unique products and keeping content fresh.

And ironicaly, his site is a template site.

While Silacci's sites are organized around occasion driven categories with a classic shopping cart feel, the article also features the less-is-more look of Winston's Flowers. This site bowls me over every time I view it.

It took too long to get to the flowers, but this site rocks. I'm adding it to my list. Thanks a lot Cathy. I love their "Treat yourself" angle. VERY smart and is something all of us should have. *makes a note* There are elements about this site us web designers should not over look. The most important is how well this site sells the emotion. This site is ahead of its time and we should pay attention closely. - I'm inspired to update my site. Thanks C. Now to find the time... ok I have October open. Coming soon in 6 months! A site update. :p

I called Jerry and thanked him for his loyal service in the industry. I went on to ask him if he'd send a lock of hair to me in the mail. He laughed and said why. I told him I would pay for it and that if I am ever to clone the perfect flroist employee, I'd need some of his DNA. :) We both laughed and he kept the conversaton short, like a star employee would and I gave my good bye with the highest respect.

Thanks,
CHR for helping us give recognition to Jerry.

And Dazeal,
I didn’t have a chance to speak with Jerry this afternoon, but I’m sure he appreciated your call.

We had a nice celebration with 3 TV stations coming out to cover the story. As a lasting tribute we are having Jerry’s portrait panted on one on the walls in our showroom. A funny story about that is when my manager set out to hire an artist he felt the local artist society was uppity and not very responsive so he contracted a tattoo artist to do the work. It should be done in the next day or two. I’ll post a picture when it’s done.

As for the congratulation e-mails, I’m hoping to collect about 100 and will print them up in a scrapbook for him.

Thanks again,

RC

From Paris - Welcome to the vegetal world of Herve' Gambs, designer of fresh and permanent floral arrangements, containers and accessories, and a line of fragrances. Stores in France and Japan.

Check out the 'shops' and 'events' links for some gorgeous views of his team's merchandising and display skills. Love it.