Funeral Pics

Here's one from this morning. I got the call late yesterday at 4:30. I was worried about getting this little piece together because I was really low on greens so I used a couple of plants in the basket with the flowers.
The woman who passed was very young, in her mid 40s. She and some friends were doing a cross country motorcylcling tour and she ran off a cliff in Tennesee. It was a very touching story and her friends only had $50 and some change for delivery which was out of my area. Her bike was bright yellow and I happened to have some super dyed spiders and pomps just for her tribute. I didn't make much money on this, but I felt like it was a good thing to do.

Attachments

• yellow_tammy.jpg
    yellow_tammy.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 97
Thanks for posting your sympathy work, and sharing your designs! Awesome! I don't do a lot of sympathy work, however in the last month I've done some pieces. So here goes...

Have a great weekend!

This is some really sweet work.

Nice work Sharron and jdehoog! So Jde.. on that easel with the bamboo - How is it standing up? I can't see the other leg? I love the easel you made of the bamboo!

Reactions: sharonbrannigan
Wow, there is some wonderful work on here.
They dont seem to go for the large set pieces up here, mainly hearts and cushions but I did a large tractor last week which I enjoyed doing

Attachments

• july11th 034.jpg
    july11th 034.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 42
  • july11th 316.jpg
    july11th 316.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 50
  • july11th 320.jpg
    july11th 320.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 49
  • july11th 328.jpg
    july11th 328.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 63
I'm not so great at this picture thing, but I'll try. These are a couple pieces from a service this week. (Sorry about the background, I had to take them quickly in our back room) The man loved to fish!

Attachments

• resi.jpg
    resi.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 55
  • casket re.jpg
    casket re.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 72
  • res.jpg
    res.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 62
Todays hunting/fishing sprays

A couple of pics just shot before loading in the van. Nothing special about the design, but the props made it real personal for the family.

Attachments

• Fish_Deer-Funeral-Sprays-002.jpg
    Fish_Deer-Funeral-Sprays-002.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Fish_Deer-Funeral-Sprays-004.jpg
    Fish_Deer-Funeral-Sprays-004.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 74
don't look at the messy backgrounds... LOL

Attachments

• Resized 100_1039.jpg
    Resized 100_1039.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Resized 100_1042.jpg
    Resized 100_1042.jpg
    659.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Resized 100_1046.jpg
    Resized 100_1046.jpg
    675.1 KB · Views: 67
How do you all get into the funeral homes?? We are Soooo not allowed past the flower room here. Big No No to go into the room with the body.

BTW - Selling Bout's to all families for pall bearers (sp) now - Thanks for the reminder, I am bringing old school back!

my FD's are very, very, very laid back. Sometimes I have them move things around - they tend to like lots of space between stuff as you may (or may not thanks to the blue tint, is there blue tint?) see in the visiting room pic.

How do you all get into the funeral homes?? We are Soooo not allowed past the flower room here. Big No No to go into the room with the body.

BTW - Selling Bout's to all families for pall bearers (sp) now - Thanks for the reminder, I am bringing old school back!
Wow, you funeral homes are hard core. Our policy is that we place the flowers in the viewing room for the funeral directors (they have not problem with that, and they REALLY appreciate it), unless the drivers are behind in their deliveries. If there is no one in the viewing room at the time (and most of the times there are not), we try to get our work "front and center".

As mentioned in a previous post, we offer white carn bouts at no charge.....we put them in a corsage bag with our card on it.

Reactions: Tracy D'Amico