Funeral Pics

Boots, Those are GORGEOUS Catts and Phaels......Who is your supplier? I would love to get orchids looking like that......dendros and cymbids are nice, but to get some big Catts in would be WONDERFUL.

The orchids all come from Waldor orchids in Linwood NJ...They grow them..I buy my orchid plants and most of my cut orchids from them and the cats are always that large..and the fragrance is wonderful...the person who passed was an avid orchid grower. and the family wanted orchids orchids orchids...Becky

Palms,
Are those Oasis Foam Letters?
I've seen ads for them in European magazines.
They do not sell them here in the states.
At least, not it my market.

They look very pretty.

One I did today for a friend of the family. Funny how I was satisfied with it, but now looking at the photo I'm thinking I should have done this or that ...

Attachments

• 20090805_004a.jpg
    20090805_004a.jpg
    695.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20090805_002a.jpg
    20090805_002a.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 55
I think I am on to something.
Last week, a woman came in with a picture of a wreath around an urn, with bear grass sheltering the urn. She said that they were offering this at the crematory for a very high price. I made this version for her and she called yesterday to tell me how much she loved it. I asked her how much the crematory wanted for it, she told me $290.00. She told she looked all over the internet for one like she saw at the crematorium.
I couldn't believe it. I was $125.00. It's small, an oasis tray wreath, with odds and ends flowers. I'll offer a larger one for $175.00.
People get ripped so much, no wonder flowers get a bad rap.

I'm putting this on my site immediately, "Circle of Life".

Attachments

• 100_6073.jpg
    100_6073.jpg
    731.9 KB · Views: 78
Part of our Sympathy Tribute Collection -

The Cover is "Faith, Hope and Love" Casket Tribute
The Wreath is "Circle of Hope" Wreath
The spray is "Faith Above All" Sympathy Tribute

Attachments

• Casket Sympathy Tribute Collection.jpg
    Casket Sympathy Tribute Collection.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Faith.jpg
    Faith.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Sympathy Tribute Wreath.jpg
    Sympathy Tribute Wreath.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 76
Here is some funeral work that we delivered today. This was my first experience with dealing with mulitple customers trying to coordiante the flowers. We started talking on Wednesday and by Friday I was really worried since I did not have a final word on anything. I had to call each party make payment arrangements and finalize everything on Friday Afternoon. I set everythng up today at the service and was fortunate enough to see all the parties involved. I must it was exciting to see their faces knowing that I had talked with each one of them over the past few days. From arizona los angeles new york and local cities here I was very pleased with the outcome of everything.

Attachments

• Funeral Flowers.jpg
    Funeral Flowers.jpg
    571 KB · Views: 97
Part of our Sympathy Tribute Collection -

The Cover is "Faith, Hope and Love" Casket Tribute
The Wreath is "Circle of Hope" Wreath
The spray is "Faith Above All" Sympathy Tribute

Tammie, i have to say those are absolutely beautiful, really stunning designs. Thanks for sharing. I love chiffon ribbon incorporated in stuff, Per Benjamin does a lot of this in his designs and it looks fab.

Eric, those displays are also beautiful, thanks for sharing..

Reactions: makescents
Here is one more for this week. I'm a little disapointed that my driver took pictures with someone elses pink arrangements in the pictures. Anyways we did all of the green arrangements.

Attachments

• 08-30-09 241 copy.jpg
    08-30-09 241 copy.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 203
  • 08-30-09 255 copy.jpg
    08-30-09 255 copy.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 08-30-09 260 copy.jpg
    08-30-09 260 copy.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 08-30-09 263 copy.jpg
    08-30-09 263 copy.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 08-30-09 265 copy.jpg
    08-30-09 265 copy.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 48
Eric

All of your arrangements were just beautiful, thanks for photos. Were those white column stands yours or does the funeral home supply those? Were yours in mache and they looked like they were inside the white column.

Reactions: Eric S
Here is one more for this week. I'm a little disapointed that my driver took pictures with someone elses pink arrangements in the pictures. Anyways we did all of the green arrangements.

Eric i really love that heart, i have said this before but i so wish that we used those stands, they really do something for the designs...

Reactions: Eric S
Eric

All of your arrangements were just beautiful, thanks for photos. Were those white column stands yours or does the funeral home supply those? Were yours in mache and they looked like they were inside the white column.

Actually they are wicker baskets. We carry the stands in our store but in this case its the mortuaries fixtures.

Aqua - I really love those hearts. Very similar to things from Straight From the Heart sympathy design book. I've yet to convince any of my customers to do something like that, but I keep hoping.

Could you share some information, please? What is the white line material you used on the outside of the heart?

Reactions: Aqua