Wedding Pictures

Here's a few from last week. This bouquet makes me happy...

I don't normally like filler flowers IN a bouquet...but LOVE LOVE LOVE the waxflower collar on the handtied!!!! Gorgeous!!!!! What a beautiful, contemporary look!

I would also love to see the gyp arrangements...I'm meeting a bride today who wants something like that, I'm taking my JH book to her because they feature gyp as a "focal", and the bride has internet photos too....love the idea of using filler flowers in a fresh way!

Beautiful everyone!!!! WOW!!! You are all so talented!!!

No weddings the past few weekends, but here are the arrangments we did for a Macy's Sip and Scan Event for Brides/Grooms.

I call it our Summer Salsa Collection... I loved the yellow dyed orchids and that was the basis for these arrangments. It consisted of a tall wow, bridal boquet, centerpiece for a table and a arrangment that could be used by the guest book.

Jona and I had fun putting these together..... she did the talls and I did the bouquet and the centerpiece.
What are the green loop hoops in the brides bouquet? Beautiful colors and
style.

Reactions: LOTAKIDS
Here's a few from my big wedding this weekend...

Actually these are from the rehersal dinner. I'll post wedding picks next.
I made all these.

The rehersal dinner was the easiest to do. The MOG calls from Atlanta, says to me literally "Here's my credit card, do what you want, just make it in the same colors as the Glacier Club." um, OK...thanks.

Glacier Club is where they had the rehersal dinner.
Oh, and I didn't take these pics. I gave one of our drivers my camera and asked her to take the pics. I think she did a pretty good job. I haven't adjusted the light on them yet. Not too bad if ya ask me.

Attachments

• 100_1452.jpg
    100_1452.jpg
    715.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_1423.jpg
    100_1423.jpg
    770.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 100_1451.jpg
    100_1451.jpg
    582.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 100_1460.jpg
    100_1460.jpg
    661.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 100_1461.jpg
    100_1461.jpg
    683.1 KB · Views: 69
There is a world of talent housed in this community. Thanks Paula for starting the thread, and thanks to everyone for being so open and willing to share. :)

V

Reactions: Palms
Wanna snicker???
Here's a red, white and blue wedding I did a couple of weeks ago.
I was dying making it, trying hard for it not to look like a flag.

Attachments

• 100_5705.JPG
    100_5705.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_5703.jpg
    100_5703.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_5700.jpg
    100_5700.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_5696.jpg
    100_5696.jpg
    835.6 KB · Views: 73
Now, I didn't get to take these pics either. I will buy a disk from the photographer if I have to to get all the pics I want.

And I didn't actually put together all this stuff. My main function of this wedding was reading the MOB's mind. I had more meetings with this MOB than any other MOB ever! I directed the production of the work that went into this wedding and told the team how to put it together (such as how to make clear eye anemones dark, how to get moss to stick to glass, how to get moss stuck to peonies off, stuff like that) and ordered all the flowers and all that jazz. I had 2 other weddings I dealt with this weekend so I did those other 2 all by myself in addition with helping with this one and directing this one.

Keep in mind that even though you don't see it, I also did flowers for just about ever room in that giant house, plus the guest house, plus her VIPs, plus the bridal luncheon. And all the flowers for each "event" (so to speak) had to be different. For instance, the flowers for the VIPs had to be done in green and white. The flowers for the bridal luncheon had to be all "wasabi" the flowers in the house had to be sunflowers and "poppy red colors" the flowers for the rehearsal dinner had to be TOTALLY different from what MOB ordered, and then of course the flowers for the wedding.
Notice that the flowers for the "cocktail" area are slightly different from the reception area. There's a lot more that y'all can't see because we didn't get pics yet, such as the bouts, bridal party etc...

I just did the bouts and corsages and the 2 big giant urns.
The urns alone stand 30" tall and then the flowers are in them, which made them stand a little over 4 1/2 feet tall. that big vased arrangement is also over 4 feet tall. I had Natalie make it. I was directing her as she made it. She totally didn't want to do it. I think it was a big confidence booster to force her to do it. She did give me a deer in the head lights look at first! I think she's turning into a dang good designer.

Guess, I should point out this is the MOB and FOB Durango home/ranch. They live most of the time in Atlanta.
Also, we were the only local vendor they hired. Everyone else was not from here, planner was from washington DC, caterer was from Denver, photographer is an international photographer, He travels all over the world.
I'm really surprised we were hired to do this job. Surprised we measured up to her standards. Guess we're big time now! ;)

Attachments

• 100_1471.jpg
    100_1471.jpg
    936.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_1477.jpg
    100_1477.jpg
    904.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 100_1483.jpg
    100_1483.jpg
    652.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_1487.jpg
    100_1487.jpg
    603.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 100_1485.jpg
    100_1485.jpg
    729.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 100_1493.jpg
    100_1493.jpg
    796.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_1495.jpg
    100_1495.jpg
    916.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 100_1496.jpg
    100_1496.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 83
  • 100_1494.jpg
    100_1494.jpg
    889.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_1492.jpg
    100_1492.jpg
    896.3 KB · Views: 71
Thanks for the compliment.
It's hard to make something look good, that you are not too happy with..
I tell this to designers all the time - you can't dislike what you are creating.
The colors were based on the French Flag.
The irony is that this wedding happened on Memorial Day Weekend.
Do you think their guests were thinking French flag when they were overwhelmed with red, white, and blue everything on Memorial Day?
I'm thinking not so much..
The interior table were white tableclothes with blue and red runners.
They made their own centerpieces of red roses. It actually looked nice.
She had white organza hanging from everywhere inside.

Shannon... did you have a team to help expedite the set up of the event?

V

Shannon... did you have a team to help expedite the set up of the event?

V
I didn't even go to help set up. I stayed behind at the shop to keep the store open and also to deal with my 2 other weddings.

Amy and I had gone out to the MOB home a few weeks ago and so we knew what was expected and where it all went. I usually don't go set up weddings anyway.
We were told everything will be in place when we got there, blah blah blah. However when Amy and the staff got there, no tables were set up they decided to change a few things, The tent people were suppose to leave a 16' ladder, it wasn't there, blah blah blah, so it's better I didn't go. I always like to plan extra time for "hidden flaws".

The thing that drives me crazy is not having them not having their poo in a pile and also the linens having creases in them. Notice both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding has creases in the linens. Tacky tacky tacky. I hope they steamed them before the wedding. But I don't know how they'd have the time. Who knows. I guess I'll know when I get my disk.

Nephew is getting married tomorrow on Cape Cod somewhere on a beach I guess. Sister picked up the flowers on her way today. Packed in a cooler and on their way. Small nosegays for the bride and maid of honor...

Attachments

• Resized 100_1020.jpg
    Resized 100_1020.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Resized 100_1021.jpg
    Resized 100_1021.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 60
today's wedding

Thursday wedding (don't remember why).
I was thrilled that we could get white tulips that she wanted (brought in a pic from some FTD advertisement)

This is the first wedding I've done in a while where I liked the whole wedding, not just the bride, or just the girls.

Attachments

• DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    590.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_0013-2.JPG
    DSC_0013-2.JPG
    334.5 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_0013-3.jpg
    DSC_0013-3.jpg
    817.7 KB · Views: 86
today's weddings.... one more tomorrow.

I really liked the white oval-ish shape, till I had to add steph & artificial lily of the valley. The eucharis came in so bad, but a couple of blooms opened up enough for me to include them.

Attachments

• DSC_0003-4.jpg
    DSC_0003-4.jpg
    607.5 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_0007-2.jpg
    DSC_0007-2.jpg
    726.2 KB · Views: 81
Huge week and I'm exhausted! We had two weddings which consisted of 35 large centerpieces (see pics), 2 very large urn arrangements, 60+ bouts and corsages, 1 dessert table display (4 large arrangements), 26 bouquets, 1 chuppah, lighting, 150 orchid place settings, custom linens (black damask ones, 2 cakes, 4 altar arrangements, 10 24" cylinders with large pillars, 16 smaller cocktail arrangements, 5 delivery locations, 1 employee no show due to kidney stones.

Got through it with minimal hiccups and VERY glad to have a wedding free weekend on the 4th!!

Attachments

• alle2.jpg
    alle2.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 114
  • alle8.jpg
    alle8.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 120
  • alle3.jpg
    alle3.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 100
  • jessicaw5.jpg
    jessicaw5.jpg
    781.7 KB · Views: 112
  • jessicawchuppah.jpg
    jessicawchuppah.jpg
    794.7 KB · Views: 104
  • jessicaw2.jpg
    jessicaw2.jpg
    775.5 KB · Views: 94
  • jessicaw4.jpg
    jessicaw4.jpg
    777.5 KB · Views: 91
Huge week and I'm exhausted! We had two weddings which consisted of 35 large centerpieces (see pics), 2 very large urn arrangements, 60+ bouts and corsages, 1 dessert table display (4 large arrangements), 26 bouquets, 1 chuppah, lighting, 150 orchid place settings, custom linens (black damask ones, 2 cakes, 4 altar arrangements, 10 24" cylinders with large pillars, 16 smaller cocktail arrangements, 5 delivery locations, 1 employee no show due to kidney stones.

Got through it with minimal hiccups and VERY glad to have a wedding free weekend on the 4th!!
April I am loving those pics!!

Reactions: Mocha Rose