Wedding Pictures

Windy Venue

Sunday, was my wedding at The Worlds Fair Pavilion in Forest Park in St. Louis, Mo. This venue is ntorious for wind. It sweeps up the hill and blows gale force through the pavilion.

This is also my most fun wedding of the year, I did the bride's sister's flowers about seven years ago and fell in love with the family. These are always long distance weddings, mainly planned by e-mail and phone. They are easy to work with, but know what they want.

This bride want her flowers to look like she "just walked into a field and gathered up the bouquets of flowers. Oh, and they had to look good with bridesmaids dresses in greens, blues and purples and be in colors of yellow and orange. And we ae making the Chuppah out of river cane, can you decorate with garland? I have four flower girls ages two to four, what can we do to keep them togetherp? Oh, and the groom is a geologist and we have specimen rocks we want to use and can we have rocks on the tables?

The week before the wedding the was hot and humid , unbearable outside. Saturday night the cold front came through as predicted and the day started off with much cooler temps and lower humidity, but with strong winds.

Setting up the centerpieces was a nightmare. The caterer was happy to have river rock on the table tops to hold the clothes some what down. By the time the reception started the potted gerberas were beat to he**.

When I went to decorate the Chuppah, it was blown to pieces, I was at the bottom of the hill, so I called my assistant, so she could let the groomsmen know.

It was still the best wedding.

Attachments

• beccawed106.jpg
    beccawed106.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 88
  • beccawed133.jpg
    beccawed133.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 79
  • beccawed126.jpg
    beccawed126.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 90
  • beccawed116.jpg
    beccawed116.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 82
  • beccawedbride111.jpg
    beccawedbride111.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 90
Wow, you can see the wind in the one picture. You are a trooper! I always tell brides when they have an outside wedding that part of the excitement and beauty of the wedding is having Mother Nature on the guest list and they should be prepared for anything.

Reactions: Twila
Just slowed down from our busiest wedding month in history. Just got some pics from my favorite wedding of the year. Enjoy!!!

(Ha! And it looks like you guys were right. You can't even tell that there was anything wrong with the orchids in the centerpieces ;) )

Attachments

• sally3.jpg
    sally3.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 102
  • sally4.jpg
    sally4.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 96
  • sally5.jpg
    sally5.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 94
  • sallycake.jpg
    sallycake.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 93
  • sally7.jpg
    sally7.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 84
  • sally12.jpg
    sally12.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 85
  • sally6.jpg
    sally6.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 91
  • sallly16.jpg
    sallly16.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 87
small wedding beach theme
I liked the centerpieces so much we named them and i will use the image in an upcoming marketing email.

Attachments

• summer sunset.jpg
    summer sunset.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 94
  • BRIDAL BOUQ WITH  HYDREANGA CALLA.jpg
    BRIDAL BOUQ WITH HYDREANGA CALLA.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 84
  • brids maid yellow white.jpg
    brids maid yellow white.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 80
  • yellow and white maid of honor.jpg
    yellow and white maid of honor.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 74
Cake with dendrobium orchids. This was an after thought as they originally didn't want cake flowers, but while setting up the brides mother asked if we couldn't do something with the cake. We didn't charge additional for this.

Flower arrangement for the mandap.
May I ask why you didn't charge? Just curious.

May I ask why you didn't charge? Just curious.

Because my wedding manager said not to.

I was waiting for the banquet center to finish so I could take a few pictures. That's when I was asked to do the cake which I gladly did. When I got back to the shop I told Craig (wedding manager) that I decorated the cake and we should charge for it. He said no, that it wasn't necessary.

Since it was his customer and the department is his, I did not question why. I trust him to use good judgment.

RC

The flowers made the cake, Also a very happy bride(mob)
You'll have a customer for life now, good job

I am so excited that I am establishing a good relationship with a fantastic photographer. This guy's pictures evokes so much emotions that tears come to your eyes. I am thrilled.
I so badly need really wedding pictures.

Here's an album and email that my wonderful web designer created for me this week with the photographer's pictures.
Not my best work, but I did exactly what the bride wanted. She wanted gyp in the bridesmaids bouquets. The photographer made everything look great. I love this man.

This is good stuff!!!!

http://cherryblossomsflorist.com/Wedding09MonetGarden.html

We're fixing my logo at the bottom of the page.

Palms a huge thank you for starting this thread and what a hugely talented lot we are. Big pat on the back to you all I have spent many happy hours looking at your beautiful work (and pinching ideas from across the pond!) Please keep posting its all so lovely thank you all for sharing.

Reactions: Palms
not wedding but wedding shower

This handtied was for a bridal shower table.

Attachments

• Resized 100_1034.jpg
    Resized 100_1034.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 66
I/We are horrible about taking pictures of our work. Here are a few that we did for a Bridal Show a while back. (I really just wanted to get in on this thread).

I'll see what else I can find. Whenever I get the DVD back from my son's Wedding Photographer, I plan to post those pictures. (patience Twila - patience!)

Attachments

• 708_0841.jpg
    708_0841.jpg
    581.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 708_0882.jpg
    708_0882.jpg
    598.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 708_0884.jpg
    708_0884.jpg
    607.8 KB · Views: 63