Wedding Pictures

I am not one for gyp, and not just because of the smell, but I have to say, Sandy that is a cute little bouquet! Now if only it can be grown without scent.

I just got back from the bridal expo and there was A LOT of interest in the gyp bouquet...an NOBODY commented on the smell! It's actually starting to grow on me. Interesting how we sometimes need to be reminded that our customers don't always like what we do.The whole bouquet was made out of one of our $3.99 consumer bouquets! Other popular items: the peacock feather and hypericom berry bout. and the cylinder vase with the pink rocks and floating rose lit from the bottom by the led light. The big bridal gown company that was there featured dresses in the exact colors we used so that was cool.

I just got back from the bridal expo and there was A LOT of interest in the gyp bouquet...an NOBODY commented on the smell! It's actually starting to grow on me. Interesting how we sometimes need to be reminded that our customers don't always like what we do.The whole bouquet was made out of one of our $3.99 consumer bouquets! Other popular items: the peacock feather and hypericom berry bout. and the cylinder vase with the pink rocks and floating rose lit from the bottom by the led light. The big bridal gown company that was there featured dresses in the exact colors we used so that was cool.

I have a bridal show coming up in Oct. I always pick a theme for all the shows I do. This one is going to be vintage/1920's. I might think about doing a all gyp bouquet myself, it would go with my theme, and like you say, you have to think about what the brides want NOT what WE want. Besides, it may grow on me, who knows.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
I have done several gyp bouquets, I really think they are cute. I made a bouquet of all Queen Anne's lace for a portrait bouquet this morning. The Bride is having the pictures made in an open field with wildflowers ( I would say mostly weeds this time of year ). For her wedding we are doing a vintage 30's look.

Reactions: sandytf
Sandy, we get a gyp that actually smells a bit like baby powder!! I always comment on it when we get it in because I like the smell.

Here are pictures from our September 16th (yep, Thursday) wedding. I got to do the cake treatment from the John Henry book. http://www.facebook.com/pages/McKees-Rocks-PA/The-Flowersmith/266775487428

By the way, we seem to be getting lots of bridal cascades this year. This was a second wedding and older brides seem to prefer them. I had another one in Tuesday and she and her attendant will both be carrying cascades.

Nice job Karen -and congratulations re your new grandbaby! That was quite the weekend; you proved the old adage -if you want to make sure something gets done, give it to the busy person (or something to that effect).
Anyway, the flowers were lovely; I hope you got a chance to put your feet up at the end of it all.
Emily

Reactions: Palms and LOTAKIDS
Cathy love the lilac calla and green cymbidium together. Also that biedimier rose is fab too :)

Yesterday's wedding... loved these colors!
PA094794.jpgPA094812.jpgPA094809.jpgPA094810.jpgPA094806.jpgPA094802.jpg

Attachments

• PA094801.jpg
    PA094801.jpg
    776 KB · Views: 20
  • PA094798.jpg
    PA094798.jpg
    774.8 KB · Views: 20
  • PA094804.jpg
    PA094804.jpg
    778 KB · Views: 18
  • PA094803.jpg
    PA094803.jpg
    817.7 KB · Views: 16
  • PA094807.jpg
    PA094807.jpg
    818.3 KB · Views: 15
  • PA094813.jpg
    PA094813.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 17
  • PA094805.jpg
    PA094805.jpg
    786.1 KB · Views: 17
Ho Hums compared to Cathy's and others, we have tiny little weddings here (few and far between) but here are the last two.....

100_2726.JPG100_2722.JPG100_2727.JPG100_2725.JPG