Official FlowerChat Order Gatherer Registry

Blooms Today

A new name for Flowers Sent Today? or just a different name so on the incoming order it doesn't scream Flowers Sent Today. Saw "sending only-Haymarket, Virginia" on the order and typed code # in. Amazingly it shows in Florist Search as Flowers Sent Today not Blooms Today. And the orders were for Basket arrangements fresh mixed flowers for total of $35 each.
The card messages were even more atrocious with misspelled words, spaces where spaces didn't belong etc. Reject!!

Teleflora Free Store Front

www.telefloraflorist.com/?ID=42834300&mID=2

A problem that many teleflora members really need to deal with. This is nothing more than a attempt to get between you and your customers. The claim is that if you are a teleflora member that this site is free and is only giving to you if you do not have a Teleflora Hosted Website. Even if you have your own independent website you still get it.

Blooms Today / Flowers Sent Today / Karins

A new name for Flowers Sent Today? or just a different name so on the incoming order it doesn't scream Flowers Sent Today. Saw "sending only-Haymarket, Virginia" on the order and typed code # in. Amazingly it shows in Florist Search as Flowers Sent Today not Blooms Today. And the orders were for Basket arrangements fresh mixed flowers for total of $35 each.
The card messages were even more atrocious with misspelled words, spaces where spaces didn't belong etc. Reject!!

From the Blooms Today Website About us page HERE
The Origin of Blooms Today
Flowers Sent Today, the parent company of Blooms Today, began in the year 2000, with a vision of serving customers’ floral needs across the country. Blooms Today continues the customer service focus that began at the family owned floral shop, Karin’s Florist, back in the 1950’s and is still operating today in Northern Virginia.

tracy

If Suzie Q. orders from the store-front how is it reported on your ws statement? I really dunno.

Cheers.

When I was Teleflora, all web orders sent from teleflora.com (which is what the hosted sites were if you didn't pay for them) meaning supposedly 100% minus a $3.95 charge from the host. Not sure what they do now, but you can be sure they are logging the info from the sender somehow. Future marketing? We have two shops in our town represented in that scenario. I know that neither have a real site. One is a shop about 7 yrs old, one is less than 1 yr old and they don't seem to have any idea about web marketing (like I really have a clue either but) if Teleflora will "gather for them" and take info and/or a cut..what to say?

Rhonda
This happened to us a year ago. We had our own independant web site, and I noticed in checking out the find a florist site that we were listed at the bottom of the listing (where they gave the name, address and phone number)for Fountain Valley with a link to a storefront. Yes it went to one of their pages of products. Had my driver place an order and we recieved it the following day. Order placed for 44.95- driver was charged 55.94(44.95 for the arr and 10.99 for service and delivery) Got the order for the 44.95 (including delivery) over the Dove and the monthly statement was the 44.95 minus the 23%, plus the 1.00 order charge over the Dove. TF pocketed 20.00 on that order and we made about 7.00 on the order. THE CANCEL OUR MEMBERSHIP notice was sent the next day.
I checked Erics site also and called him as he had the same store front link.

Rhonda
This happened to us a year ago...
Had my driver place an order and we received it the following day. Order placed for 44.95- driver was charged 55.94(44.95 for the arr and 10.99 for service and delivery) Got the order for the 44.95 (including delivery) over the Dove and the monthly statement was the 44.95 minus the 23%, plus the 1.00 order charge over the Dove. TF pocketed 20.00 on that order and we made about 7.00 on the order. THE CANCEL OUR MEMBERSHIP notice was sent the next day.
Amazing.

Mmmmmm...nothing like the smell of Corporate America feasting on the ignorance of the "little guys" this early in the morning.. So for all practical purposes, everyone's "partner", TF, is behaving EXACTLY like a dOG, yet the sheeple just continue to munch the grass and pointing fingers at everyone else.

Yep, business as usual.

Heh ....

Order placed for 44.95- driver was charged 55.94(44.95 for the arr and 10.99 for service and delivery) Got the order for the 44.95 (including delivery) over the Dove and the monthly statement was the 44.95 minus the 23%, plus the 1.00 order charge over the Dove.

That is exactly what I was looking for. So for the thousands of florists who are provided one of these by TF, TF has thousands of doorway sites that actually place the order with TF. And to add insult to injury, no added Delivery charge is provided.

This is no different than Kremps or the others we have talked about here.

This SUxxxxxxxxxx.

The ruckus was raised last fall. TF shrugged. Why shouldn't they when 99% of florists with those storefronts don't have a clue how they work - or that they even exist. They're 'free' and that's all that seems to matter.

I've got $100 that says if TF added a $19.95/mo fee for them, less than half would even notice within 3 months.

Unbelievably, I've seen a few shops actually link into the darn things from their own websites.

The ruckus was raised last fall. TF shrugged. Why shouldn't they when 99% of florists with those storefronts don't have a clue how they work - or that they even exist. They're 'free' and that's all that seems to matter.

IIRC Findaflorist used to provide links to TF hosted sites and for others they provided an address and phone number. That was it. I am not sure when this Storefront thingy popped up. So I too didn't pay attention. :-(

Can we request that they drop our storefront and provide phone number and address? I know I am gonna talk to my field rep real soon now.

That is exactly what I was looking for. So for the thousands of florists who are provided one of these by TF, TF has thousands of doorway sites that actually place the order with TF. And to add insult to injury, no added Delivery charge is provided.

This is no different than Kremps or the others we have talked about here.

This SUxxxxxxxxxx.

Make that thousands upon thousands upon thousands

You don't have to have one - I don't.

And I think this is exactly what Kremps's as well as any other HOG is fighting. I know it is in my case.

I have sent an email asking our rep to find out what is going on and how come this page has either remand active which it has because I have kept the link available on my favorites and checked on it throughout the year since I requested it to be removed. Until recently it has never showed up under the natural listings.

Now correct me if I am wrong rich but aren't you no longer teleflora? If you aren't you have more of an issue then we do. I am still waiting to hear from our rep so we will see whats up. Customer service says they cannot disable the link so we will see what are rep has to say.

From Florist Detective - September 21, 2005

Findaflorist.com Now Helps You Find A Middleman

What would you do if you found out that a national company was displaying your business name with products you don't carry at prices you never agreed to? Within the last few weeks, thousands of Teleflora florists have awoken to just that.

When Teleflora built a national directory of its local members, findaflorist.com, many shop owners believed the wire service was returning to one of its original missions, connecting consumers direct to real local florists. For the Teleflora member florists that chose to simply be listed by name, address and phone number and forgo the paid ads and direct link subscriptions to their own sites, with no warning and no request for permission, Teleflora has unilaterally put up 'free storefront' webpages.

Why would any florist refuse a 'free' website and why should consumers be wary? Flower shops displayed under this 'free' program were consulted neither about the arrangement selection nor about prices listed under their names. They are required to opt out, not invited to join in and now have a national wire service gathering names and addresses of customers who may believe they are ordering 'direct' from their companies. Instead, Teleflora has inserted itself as a middle man using the florists own trade names as bait.

On an item like the dozen peach roses diplayed in TF34-2 for 74.95 plus a $10.99 service charge, consumers using the online shopping cart will pay almost $86.00. But Teleflora doesn't know if the florist actually has peach roses in inventory - at any price.

The $10.99 'service fee', listed as a 'delivery charge' during checkout, is actually a convenience charge kept by Teleflora - in addition to the 27% in commission and fees they have awarded themselves on each order sold via these 'free' storefronts. While it appears that Teleflora may think the 'delivery' of your shopping dollars to their company is a sufficient definition of the word, we believe consumers might believe their money would actually be used to pay for the delivery of the flowers to the recipient.

Field reports indicate that despite selecting a specific local flower shop, the arrangement and delivery may be made by a completely different company. At least one enraged florist has reported that a test order to his own 'free' storefont ended up being relayed to and delivered by one of his competitors. How ethical is it when a national company baits consumers with a real florist's trade name and then switches the fulfillment to a different affiliate?

Flower shop owners have reported considerable time lag between their requests for removal and the unwanted storefronts being taken down.

The florists specifically being used in this scheme are the ones appearing with links labeled "view our storefront' beneath their individual shop names. A quick check reveals more than 60 such New York listings, more than 50 in Los Angeles and over 40 in Chicago, with countless other cities and stores affected in the US and Canada.

The Florist Detectives are very concerned about Teleflora's use of florists' trade names in competition with the very companies they purport to help. We believe that most local florists have yet to realize their stores are being represented on findaflorist.com in this fashion. Having placed a link on our site to findaflorist.com as a way of assisting consumers to find direct florist-delivered values via local stores, we have decided to remove that link and caution consumers about using the site as a trusted resource.
David, the delivery charge is 'included' in the product price ($5 above the SRP as if that's enough). I think a very good care about price fixing could be made on these 'stores' since shops never agreed to them. The program is 'opt out', not in.

The storefronts are indeed in effect doorway sites. Some of them appear higher in search than the shops' wholly owned versions. Bruce Clay's SEO can buy a company a whole lotta re$ult$.

HOG or Dog

Open for discussion - you be the judge. I guess this is what things have come down to. FI.....

http://www.flowershopsdirect.com/

Funnee that I looked at quite a few pages to find real links -

"Find an online flowershop delivering to ..."

other than:

http://www.inbloom.com/?fsd

e.g. Atlanta GA - not a single link.

Cincinnatti & Dayton OH - not listed at all ...

Massachusetts not listed at all...

Detroit MI - no links at all, but I found this for Midland. Only one btw,

http://www.smithsflowers.com/

But the phone numbers are there!!! As well as many, many florists that are RIP.

I guess that it is perhaps a work in progress.

Perhaps the discussion we had about Kremps might be true. If enough of us do this we will totally destroy the value of searching the internet for a real florist serving a city. This is a sad business to be in.

David, I don't think you are going to get much of a discussion on this one.

Seems that most of the chatters or friends have not been added to their towns, or are already linked. Quite interesting digging to say the least.

This has put a skreeeeching halt to the other board. I wonder if Bloomzies e-mail box is full yet.

But then again it's FREE.