Official FlowerChat Order Gatherer Registry

Looks like they're trying to target the cheap flower niche with that site. No some-day or florist-delivered products.

Hospital deliveries: please make sure the recipient is still in the hospital before scheduling the delivery. [Please note: Gifts to recipients in hospitals may take an additional 3-5 days for the hospital to process and deliver.]
Still don't get how FTD thinks consumers will be satisfied and want to make repeat purchases by sending these boxes to hospitals or funerals. :(

My guess is that most Yellow Page users won't ever see the product images - and won't know the right questions to ask.

Infinite said:
Sure ... just one more OG purchase by FTD.
"But, FTD is only trying to get the order to FTD members before 800 flowers or ProFlowers gets the order."

- typical FTD brain-washed spin from a field rep....straight from the Top....

That's it...keep cheapening the "brand"...

- H.

Is this one on our list?

Abbott's Flowers Bel Aire KS 800-613-3294
Shows up as being "the florist for over 30 years" in Millinocket Maine.
HMMMMMMMM.
Called the number and after about 10 rings (and a forwarding ring) answered by someone who stated they were located at 6750 West Loop Rd.
Gee, we don't have that street in our town.
Consider them a gatherer........AND they took almost word for word from our former Teleflora website our "about us" paragraph.

Thank you very much ma'am....I have my list in front of me and they do not appear.... They will now!! :pblush:

Have you noticed lately

That many of them are getting better at their wording.
As a consumer...on the contrywide site...they do not say that they deliver...they say "delivered by a local Millinock florist".or " .to have your flowers, plants or gift basket delivered by a local
Millinocket florist."
Of course at the bottom they do say
We are your Millinocket florist!

And they do point out the "Areas We Service - Complete City List"
The consumer will never read past the first lines......and they have the stamp of approval of all three wire services...nice huh?

one more OG

I'm not sure if anyone has already mentioned this site, but here's another OG we've found: florals.com

We found them by "googling" for "florist in suffolk, ny" (Suffolk is the name of our county).

They show up at the top of search results, with the link to here.

Interestingly, they happen to have the same address and phone number as 'East Hill Florals' at 41 Park Place Englewood NJ. They are a member of TF: Teleflora listing

In their web site, they claim that "We hand deliver flower arrangements to the following towns ..." and include all the towns in our county, including our towns. We are assuming that folks at East Hill Florals in NJ have a chopper to fly over to here.

This weekend, I'm going to include Flora.com in our growing list of 'Hall of Shame'.

Goldfish -

Your 'Hall of Shame' page is a hoot.

Shameless shading of the truth with
Please Note: Florals.Com is not an order taking "only online" business, we are a major florist providing local and nationally delivered flower arrangements.
The old 'order gatherers with brick and mortars are superior in some way to OGs with just call centers' gets real tiresome...

Did you notice this comment on their Suffolk page?
Within the local town pages of Florals.Com you will find
many arrangements. Take advantage of these great designs,
and
send flowers that are unlike the typical flower arrangements found all over the Internet.
Emphasis mine. They need to add "Except for the more than 20,000 Teleflora members and a Whole bunch of OG mirrors."

Yet another doorway-laden faux 'local florist' site.

Blooms Today dot con

Received an order today for "The FTD Easter Lily Plant". Sending shop "unable to retrieve florist details" and their code ends with AZ (gatherer)
Operator has 800 number with MCSHAN after it.
I'm assuming this means the sending shop uses MAS? Call the number, answered Blooms Today if you're a florist press 1.
Check out BloomsToday.com about us....Flowers Sent Today.. aka Karins.
Phew, reject going out.

yup, Rhonda... Had the same here - with the AZ, and this was a call in. The OG on the other end CLEARLY identified that they were "SENDING ONLY" and thier FTD code may not come up in the directory. Since I update my directory every 2 weeks, I tried the FTD code he gave - nope...didn't come up. I declined the order for the reason that it was not in my directory, and I only accept orders from those in the directory. He tried to give it to me again, but, nope...possibly a NEW OG in the neighborhood?

NOW...we were really busy then, and I neglected to write the info down he gave me, but he was clearly an OG, located HERE in the Philly area (a suburb). When I find the info out, will post it here...

- H.

eMinders.com

Anybody got anything on this crappy directory ?

eMinders.com...the WhoIs data is proxied...and their host, rosehosting.com does not provide Whois info either...

TIA...mark

doveflora.com

Need a little help from the community...

who is www.doveflora.com ??

I have the Whois info, a Newark DE address with an international phone number...odd... but any idea who this is?

Thanks in advance

The site links to http://www.doveflor.com/ for international sending.

A little digging in whois turns up
Teleflor Malta Ltd
Charles Camilleri ([email protected])
+356.21689816
Fax:
22, Triq Kalanc Saliba,
Zurrieq, ZRQ06
Malta

The US mailing address is shared by a few companies. ;) Must be a central registry point for off-shore businesses.

That site has one heck of a spam-filled sitemap. :/

Flowershopping.com

Not sure, seems like a newbie to me, but maybe I just missed it before...

Who is www.flowershopping.com ?? they currently have the number one sponsored link on Google, and came up when I searched "florist midland mi" while looking for Urban this morning.

The only thing I know so far, is that Teleflora is hosting the site...

TIA

This is their delivery policy:
Delivery Policy

A handling and delivery fee of $12.50 will be added to each order, for each address.

U.S. orders must be received before 2:30 p.m. in the recipient's time zone to assure same-day delivery. Orders must be placed before 12:00 p.m. on Saturdays to assure same-day delivery. Orders received after these cut off times will be delivered the following day only after we have made every effort to provide same day service for you.

We will do our best to accommodate deliveries at specific times of day, but we cannot guarantee it. If you have a specific delivery time you'd like to request, simply type it into the “special instructions” box during checkout.

We do provide Sunday delivery if you place your order before 12 noon PST on Saturday. On orders placed for Sunday delivery after this cut off time we will make every effort to still have your delivery made on Sunday, but if Sunday delivery is not possible then you order will be delivered the following business day.

Time of delivery to rural route addresses or cemeteries cannot be guaranteed.

Prices shown below product images do not include our shipping and service fees, but may include a handling fee on florist delivered items.

Most products have 3 different price points; many products are available in As Shown, Deluxe, and Premium sizes that you can upgrade to.

Some items increase in price around major holidays. If the price increases for the holiday you will notice the change several weeks before the holiday, if an order is placed for a product before the price increase occurs on our website for delivery on the holiday we will do our best to honor that price for you but under certain circumstances it may be necessary to contact you for either more funds or changes on the order. If the price does not go up then the item does not increase in price for the holidays.

We have a $23.95 minimum for orders placed during non-holiday times. We also have some items on our website that are “Sale” items, denoted by a starburst on the item that say’s “Save $$$”, the prices shown for these items are shown at the discounted price.

Due to the increased costs needed to secure and transfer orders, there is an additional relay fee that has been added into the net cost of the products on our website and will be deducted from the product amount to offset these additional costs. This fee will in no way affect the quality, size or quantity of the item you purchase. We apologize for the need to deduct this fee but your order will still be delivered as pictured on our website and handled with professional care.

We will be happy to accept your international orders if you call our shop directly. We are unable to accept international orders over the Internet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Empasis Mine.....A bit confusing as it says $12.50 handling and delivery but further down it says an additional relay fee also.