Wedding Pictures

Few New Wedding Pics..

Starfighter and Black Magic with a Few Vendella mixed in..

Carns added to centerpieces for budget reasons..

Attachments

• Amy bridal bouquet.jpg
    Amy bridal bouquet.jpg
    613.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 100_0319.jpg
    100_0319.jpg
    788.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Eiffel Tower Centerpiece.jpg
    Eiffel Tower Centerpiece.jpg
    552.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_0292.jpg
    100_0292.jpg
    819.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_0329.jpg
    100_0329.jpg
    776.2 KB · Views: 61
Joan,

I know your pictures were awhile back but incase you are checking this thread can you tell me what size you make the pocket top bouts?
Do you make a standard size or do you get the measurements of the pockets?
I'm doing a wedding on Saturday and they have ordered standard calla bouts which I will do but I wanted to through in an extra pocket bout to see how they like them.
I found out that pockets vary from about 3" to over 4". For some reason I thought pockets would be one size fits all.

Dianne

Joan,

I know your pictures were awhile back but incase you are checking this thread can you tell me what size you make the pocket top bouts?
Do you make a standard size or do you get the measurements of the pockets?
I'm doing a wedding on Saturday and they have ordered standard calla bouts which I will do but I wanted to through in an extra pocket bout to see how they like them.
I found out that pockets vary from about 3" to over 4". For some reason I thought pockets would be one size fits all.

Dianne

The pocket sizes do vary so I have them measure the opening and then add a little more than a 1/4 of an inch to each side so that it will not slip down into the pocket.

Hope that helps.

Joan

Reactions: artistry in bloom
Amazing Wedding work everyone... I am in awe!!!

I just mostly have simple rose weddings this weekend, but they will be beautiful...

I will post pictures later this weekend.

What's up with the flecks in the BM roses? Is it a glitter or do you have dandruff.

Nice work by the way.

I spray with CG then take pics as an "after thought"...therefore the water droplets...........

Reactions: LOTAKIDS
What's up with the flecks in the BM roses? Is it a glitter or do you have dandruff.

Nice work by the way.

Yea.. Thom - It's dandruff??? :>

It is actually Swarovski crystal glitter - The bride had crystals on everything... Dress, cake (ediable kind) flowers, table linens..

Grrrrrrrrrrrr glitter. Marcy designed an event several years ago and had several employees in the parking lot spraying flowers with Tack2000 and sprinkling glitter without a box or anything to capture the glitter. The entire parking lot, the studio, and I'm sure all of DC was sparkling well to this day.

Hence, I won't allow the stuff anymore, I use the small cans of glitter spray.

Reactions: greatflowerlady
The way I do it.. is.. Spray a bit of Spray glitter, then sprinkle a little, spray, sprinkle.. this makes the glitter stick and adds the "little flecks" at the same time.. I do this over butcher paper and collect what falls..

Sometimes I feel like I get it up my nose.. but other than that - It's all good!

Here in Texas, at homecoming it's a must.. so we deal with it..
By the time I get to the football game on Homecomeing night - everyone is telling me how "glittery" I am... ???

WAY BETTER THAN dandruff???

Reactions: Dee Dee
Finally the photographer is posting more shots of the wedding we did recently!

jj-1354-36y.jpg

jj-1757-11y.jpg

Notice my version of balls were actual handties that were quick to make, easy to transport, and easy to tie to the chairs.

jj-1901-45x.jpg

jj-1924-58x.jpg

This arrangement is our best seller this year. I made 12x12x5 inch wood boxes and drilled a pilot hole through the bottom to secure the Manzanita with a lag bolt. Once finished I can unssrew the Manzanita for better storage.

jj-1926-08y.jpg

jj-1926-57x.jpg

jj-1929-28x.jpg

jj-1932-51x.jpg

jj-2059-11y.jpg

jj-1939-23x1.jpg

He is supposed to publish series 3 by this evening and I will post more.

I love this guy and his wife Anne. Great team and such a wonderful couple. I have purchased ads in mags, but I will tell you I get amazing referrals from fostering relationships with photographers plus all the photos I get to use in my portfolio. One way to start building a mutual relationship is to start referring them.

Here is their blog. The first wedding is mine as well as the sneak preview for Spring Hollis. I can't wait to see the Spring Hollis wedding shots. I must check his blog every half hour.

http://hollandphotoarts.wordpress.com/

attendant bouquet, will take pics of the bride tomorrow. Hers is a cascade and honkin huge. Just like she wanted it. :)

oops I guess it's my new avatar too? :)

ok here is the brides. I never used as many cowee pics :) Shook it hard baby nothing moved.

Attachments

• P7160101.JPG
    P7160101.JPG
    501.6 KB · Views: 60
  • syrekboc.JPG
    syrekboc.JPG
    360.5 KB · Views: 63
I'd love some feedback on this one!

This is my first attempt at a bouquet with any kind of cascading element... sounds crazy, I know, but most of my brides want hand tied bouquets. Anyway, this is a mock-up for an August 29 wedding. The bride is a dear friend of mine, and I want to do my very best work for her. Her colors are purple, lime, and sea blue. The flowers are hydrangeas (blue, purple, and green), calla lillies, mini cymbids, freesia, and bear grass.

The bouquet is hand-tied, and the cascading elements are wired and taped. I welcome any suggestions/comments... especially about the grass, I'm wondering if it would be better without it?

Note: It's not finished yet, I'll do the wrap tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• Tara's bouq.jpg
    Tara's bouq.jpg
    528.6 KB · Views: 76
  • taras bouq side.jpg
    taras bouq side.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Tara's bouq close-up.jpg
    Tara's bouq close-up.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 47