Wedding Pictures

This is my first attempt at a bouquet with any kind of cascading element... sounds crazy, I know, but most of my brides want hand tied bouquets. Anyway, this is a mock-up for an August 29 wedding. The bride is a dear friend of mine, and I want to do my very best work for her. Her colors are purple, lime, and sea blue. The flowers are hydrangeas (blue, purple, and green), calla lillies, mini cymbids, freesia, and bear grass.

The bouquet is hand-tied, and the cascading elements are wired and taped. I welcome any suggestions/comments... especially about the grass, I'm wondering if it would be better without it?

Note: It's not finished yet, I'll do the wrap tomorrow morning.
I think if you add a little more loops into the main part of the bouquet it will tie into the hanging grass better. Now I am just saying this as a wedding designer that's all maybe smaller clusters of the darker hydrangea instead of one larger one. It's very nice ~ she will be happy I am sure..:thumbsup

I like the grass, but maybe a little more? It seems to be a little wispy. (could just be the photo tho) Is is possible to put a few grass loops into the bouquet to tie the grass into the top?

Very nice work btw. I love the colors and flower choices.

Jennifer - I think it looks nice! Good Job!

This is a cake topper that is for wedding shower this weekend.. Wedding cake is next weekend... I am only doing the toppers.. all other flowers done by some aunt or something... but the baker - told them she would order the floral topper.. made the aunt a little mad - but the baker told them I was used to making her stuff..

Attachments

• 100_0384.jpg
    100_0384.jpg
    786.6 KB · Views: 57
Beatiful work everyone!!!

Here is the start of our weekend.. I have 3 brides bouquets to wrap in the fridge, and 9 bridesmaids.

I made the Calla lily one last year for a bride. Hubby came in on Wednesday and I was able to pull it off for him for her birthday.. this bouquet is one of my favorites.. Love the Drama!

Also the box of bouts and corsages for a wedding where they are doing the rest themselves.

Well off to wrap bouquets and then maybe a little sleep... cheers!

Attachments

• Melissas birthday present.jpg
    Melissas birthday present.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Finney bouts corsages.jpg
    Finney bouts corsages.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 59
I think that cascading bouquet is lovely, i would perhaps add a bit of trailing ivy and have some pearl beads on the grasses and do like someone said about having smaller clusters of hydrangea. But i must stress that this is just personal taste. I love ivy structures to edge as well.

I also think it looks beautiful and really well designed as it is.

Jennifer - I think it looks nice! Good Job!

This is a cake topper that is for wedding shower this weekend.. Wedding cake is next weekend... I am only doing the toppers.. all other flowers done by some aunt or something... but the baker - told them she would order the floral topper.. made the aunt a little mad - but the baker told them I was used to making her stuff..

beautiful cake top. I have a similar story. Earlier this year I did a cake top for a wedding, and nothing else. The bride and groom were getting married in a town a couple hours away, they hired a florist from that town. The cake came from a bakery a little down the road from my shop. He (the baker) told the bride and groom the cake top had to be done by me. He said, Nelson's does the top for this cake, go see Carrieann.

It is a nice feeling when you are insisted on my another vendor.

Not sure if I am going to do this correctly, but I am trying to post a couple of pictures from one of today's wedding receptions.

We are seeing a lot of black/white weddings again this year -- and the most asked for accent colors are hot pink & lime green.

here goes...... hope you like!

Cheryl

Attachments

• DCP_1167.JPG
    DCP_1167.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 60
  • DCP_1177.JPG
    DCP_1177.JPG
    252.9 KB · Views: 60
  • DCP_1165.JPG
    DCP_1165.JPG
    242.6 KB · Views: 64
  • DCP_1154.JPG
    DCP_1154.JPG
    292.5 KB · Views: 55
  • DCP_1183.JPG
    DCP_1183.JPG
    442.3 KB · Views: 56
What a fun and busy weekend! I have one more wedding to finish and deliver today.

Here is the Brides bouquets and bridesmaids for the 3 Weddings for Saturday. The Vandela roses with a touch of green was a pick up wedding, and the other two were delivered. All very small weddings, but that's OK... means we can just do more of them.

So far everyone loved their bouquets. I will have to wait to hear from the pick up bride, as it was picked up by her aunt.

Attachments

• 100_0638_00.jpg
    100_0638_00.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 100_0645.jpg
    100_0645.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_0625_00.jpg
    100_0625_00.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_0629.jpg
    100_0629.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_0621.jpg
    100_0621.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_0632_00.jpg
    100_0632_00.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_0649.jpg
    100_0649.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_0646.jpg
    100_0646.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 39
Every ones designs are eye catching. Each one of your brides should glow with what I've seen on this site. The color combo's rock! To see the details of the finishing touches each has put in place show's your time, caring, and talent. I have enjoyed the sharing. Great eye candy! Thanks for the treat,Ellen:blowkiss:

Reactions: ivygreen
I was doing some looking on The Knot and noticed many more bouquets that were more of a mix as opposed to just all white roses or all pink roses, has anyone else noticed this in the bouquets gals are ordering. I love the look of the mixed combined with herbs and scented geraniums, but not sure if it is a look I want to show at my bridal show, or stick with the norm on most of them.

Thanks for posting pics, very nice.

Trish

I would do what you are most known for but maybe throw a couple of those types in the mix as well. If they're on the Knot, then the brides will be seeing them and you want to be sure they know you're up to date with the latest styles. Who knows? You may get quite a response!

Reactions: Tuberose
I was doing some looking on The Knot and noticed many more bouquets that were more of a mix as opposed to just all white roses or all pink roses, has anyone else noticed this in the bouquets gals are ordering. I love the look of the mixed combined with herbs and scented geraniums, but not sure if it is a look I want to show at my bridal show, or stick with the norm on most of them.

Trish, I always look at what they are seeing in current magazines and on line and go for eye candy and different so they will remember me. Yes, we do one simple but with a twist.
Hope this is helpful!

Karen

Reactions: Tuberose
I saw a style of arm bouquet at a seminar that I would like to try as well. What I noticed at The Knot is that many of the pics are from last year, and haven't looked at U.S. mags lately, bought a couple from Australia though, very cool stuff for sure. If I have to do another all rose round bouquet, I think I will cry, and they want them with 24 roses for under $50, too bad, so sad. I'm seeing fewer and fewer Wedding Flower magazines on the racks around here.

Trish

What a fun and busy weekend! I have one more wedding to finish and deliver today.

Here is the Brides bouquets and bridesmaids for the 3 Weddings for Saturday. The Vandela roses with a touch of green was a pick up wedding, and the other two were delivered. All very small weddings, but that's OK... means we can just do more of them.

So far everyone loved their bouquets. I will have to wait to hear from the pick up bride, as it was picked up by her aunt.
love the wraps

The bouquets are from a wedding yesterday and the shoe centerpiece is from last month.
Did you ever have a really bad day when you are doing a wedding? Fortunately it rarely happens but yesterday was the exception. It started when the wholesaler didn't get in a third of the flowers I had pre-ordered and went downhill from there. I woke up with the stomach flu, burned myself with the glue gun when I was attaching the handle cover to the bride's bouquet, and was stung by a bee when I was loading the station wagon.I am allergic to bee stings and I was covered in red hives when I delivered the bouquets even though I took an allergy pill right away.All in all it was a really fun day!
The bride was very happy with the bouquets so that's all that counts but I was sure glad it was over at the end of the day.
I am really enjoying seeing all the beautiful wedding flowers everyone is doing.
Dianne

Attachments

• P1010007.jpg
    P1010007.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 65
  • P1010017.JPG
    P1010017.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 66
  • P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 62
Jennifer,
I think your bouquet is lovely and the bride will be very happy.

If I were to make a few changes - I'm with the others about using smaller snipets of hydrangea. When doing a cascade, I generally use the hydrangea as a depth tool. I base them right on the foam. The closer to the water source, the better - especially with hydrangeas in foam.
I would also use the callas to form somewhat of a line element. They are big, attention grabbing blooms. They should flow. (At least in my opinion. I'm all about line).

Cudos for you for making a cascade.
I always fear that so many of the designers out there have never made a cascade.