Wedding Pictures

Dore, I love those bouts. Do you ever have problems with the delph wilting?

I really like your ribbon on the stem of the bout. Can you explain how you do it? I wrap ribbon as well on the stems but mine don't look like that. I wrap the ribbon from top to bottom and glue the bottom closed. I love hearing how other florist do things, there are always things to learn.

Reactions: marigold
Dore, I love those bouts. Do you ever have problems with the delph wilting?

I really like your ribbon on the stem of the bout. Can you explain how you do it? I wrap ribbon as well on the stems but mine don't look like that. I wrap the ribbon from top to bottom and glue the bottom closed. I love hearing how other florist do things, there are always things to learn.
Let's see. I start at the top by placing the ribbon over the stem and lay it
over the stem., which brings me down to the bottom of the stem, where
I start to wrap and overlap up the stem.
I finish by tucking it into the ribbon and pull it tight. I loved the ribbon on
these bouts. It was a brown and baby blue wedding.
Yes, I worry about delph wilting all the time.
I just spray the heck out of
it with crowning glory and pray for cool weather. Got it yesterday!

Dore~
Curious how you hung the square vases on the shepherd's hooks. Can you tell me please? Thanks!

It is a great square vase that comes with the bracket, that just slips
on and off the rim. It also comes with a bracket to attach to the
wall, so you can hang the vase.
The bride had her own shephard hooks, and I found the recycled
glass vases with brackets from Couronne Glass.
Very inexpensive...I think it cost 11.00 for glass and the two hangers.

LOVE it, Dore! I too wanted to know about the bouts and the hanging square vases so thanks!

I had those same irises in a blue and white wedding years ago, and got a complaint because the bride said they were "purple" UGH. Glad to see them used elsewhere, I wasn't crazy. You whole wedding was beautiful.

bouquet and cake from this weekend

bouquet.jpg
cake22.jpg

Gosh I look forward to getting this post and seeing everyone's work!! Fantastic job boys and girls.. I just got these in my e-mail today.. .simple but very cute~

so nice! I find gerb bouquets sometimes hard to work with to get
them to look right. These look great.

Yes you are right. They do look funny if not put together right. I have done so many now that I have learned what works and how to angle the flowers and get them just right(or at least how I like them!)

Reactions: boots12313
Let's see. I start at the top by placing the ribbon over the stem and lay it
over the stem., which brings me down to the bottom of the stem, where
I start to wrap and overlap up the stem.
I finish by tucking it into the ribbon and pull it tight. I loved the ribbon on
these bouts. It was a brown and baby blue wedding.
Yes, I worry about delph wilting all the time.
I just spray the heck out of
it with crowning glory and pray for cool weather. Got it yesterday!

WONERFUL no glue. I'm trying this today!! Thanks.

Philly love the ranunculous bouquet with hypericum, fabulosa!!!

Also, love those table centres, are they on candlesticks, i would love to know how you assembled them?

Ordered the candlesticks from lampsplus.com (don't ask me how my designer found them). We used 10" Lomey dishes with 2 bricks of Aquafoam and just set them up there! Yes, a bit nervous about them possibly tipping over, but the designs were very well balanced, and not too tall. So, on the prototype design, we decided to just sit them up there and hope for the best! The other option was to use some Cling to attach them, but as the bride bought the entire set up (candlesticks too) we didn't want to make it difficult to get the centerpieces off the tables/candlesticks...

- H.

Reactions: Palms
Yes you are right. They do look funny if not put together right. I have done so many now that I have learned what works and how to angle the flowers and get them just right(or at least how I like them!)

I also sometimes struggle with gerb-only bouquets. Yours are gorgeous, though! Do you mind telling me how many gerbs are in them?

It is a great square vase that comes with the bracket, that just slips
on and off the rim. It also comes with a bracket to attach to the
wall, so you can hang the vase.
The bride had her own shephard hooks, and I found the recycled
glass vases with brackets from Couronne Glass.
Very inexpensive...I think it cost 11.00 for glass and the two hangers.
where on that site are they I looked but no luck.. thank you!

Reactions: marigold
We used 10" Lomey dishes with 2 bricks of Aquafoam and just set them up there!

Philly - Smithers makes an O-dapter holder that fits inside candle sticks. They would work well for this piece you made. We use them alot at Thanksgiving when people don't want centerpieces, but want flowers on the tables. Two of these look great on a table.

jenny