Wedding Pictures

We offer to deliver most anywhere around us, but when they hear how much we charge for it they run screaming and we never see them again!

We're lucky to get $40 for centerpieces here and $150 for a focal piece.

Trish

Oh. I was really proud of this one. Please post. I can't tell you how many ideas I get seeing your art. it's great to see everyones stuff. If you guys don't post yur shots, then what good are they? They are just digital ghosts. It's the flowers, not us.

Reactions: wildflowerschicago
We offer to deliver most anywhere around us, but when they hear how much we charge for it they run screaming and we never see them again!

We're lucky to get $40 for centerpieces here and $150 for a focal piece.

Trish

Trish, I got a bride to pay for alter pieces .. $175 each and for the back of the chairs - $125.00 each. whooowhooo!!!

This has now become almost a $2,000.00 Wedding, plus I will go back and put flowers on the cake, for a fee of course.

Oh joyous day!!

I hear you about the delivery charge.. I had one lady complain about $35.00 to Everett, but when she saw how big the alter pieces where going to be, and I asked her if she had a car big enough, she conceeded.

People are interesting.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Tuberose
I am a trying... when they come from Seattle out to this area or so, they think we are cheaper then the florist in Seattle. I know my break is comming.... I can feel it.

I travel to Seattle two mornings a week to buy flowers. My philosophy is "have car can travel anywhere!":scooter:

... and when you start booking those weddings with $900 centerpieces give me a call and I'll drive up to lend a hand... :walking:

Reactions: LOTAKIDS
Karen,
She's paying for pieces that big and quibbling over the delivery fee? good grief!

Thom:
have a question about the pieces on the pews in your church picture. It appears that you have cut a sphere in half......am I correct?

Very clever, and hanging very, very nicely, if I am correct.

thanks,

Cheryl

Hey,
These were a half block of standard oasis shaved into half sphere. They were designed a little more than half way around. They are easier to transport this way.

Thanks

Reactions: Tracy D'Amico
Thom - thank you for verifying the price - I see some of these pics from brides, and they are astounded that we may estimate $300-$500 for an arrangement like yours (using some other budget friendly flowers ;) ). It's good to know my instincts about pricing are right, and not feel like I'm left out of some kind of club that can afford to sell those babies at less than I'm guessing! I have always thought these were $25k+ floral budgets - I'm fighting sometimes to get 10% of that.

beautiful work, as always!

Pretty big wedding tday - at least for me.
The bride's bouquet was hard for me - in conception and making.
The wedding colors are vibrant - reds, oranges, bright greens.
Circus roses(my fav these days)green cyms, red hypericum, red roses, orange and red gerbs,green kermits, and seeded euc. She wanted solidago also, but I called her and told her it didn't look right. The bride wants her bouquet to be all of these colors with cream full sized cymbidiums. I have problems with incorporating white with all of the other bright colors. Always think it looks spotty. I finished her bouquet at midnight. I think it looks ok???
I'll submit pics later tonight. I'll see how it looks when I go in today.
Sometimes, I just can't look at a piece any longer - it gets blurry.

I to have two HUGE weddings today!!! I think I will throw up!! all of it and I mean ALL has gone together GREAT BUT the one bridal bouquet all white garden roses, with white phlo's I NEVER use them because I hate working with them. anyways the two whites do not go together and I am worried sick the phlo's will be dead by the time I get them to her. every time I go out to look at it I think I will throw up~~~~~Also it's my 25th class reunion tonight! and I have work all year planning it, the other girls helping plan it:dunno: have to get it ready today with out me... I am a mess!!

Reactions: Palms and cherrie
Great Flower Lady, You made me laugh.
Sounds like me.

My favorite saying is
"This too shall pass....."

and me lol

hey but if we didnt do worry occasionally we would not have the passion, right?

Three brides I booked getting married today, have been working all week to pull this off, I'm usually a one wedding at a time gal, and it is supposed to be 107 today. I was having trouble focusing on the last bouquet by Friday evening.
One of the venues I called on Thursday to confirm delivery got testy with me because I bothered her, guess what, she forgot and I waited 15 mins with the van running waiting for her to get there and unlock. I sent spray bottles with all of them to keep bouquets misted outside, I hope all goes well, they're getting married tonight.

Trish

Here's today'a wedding

The bride was happy with her boka, even thought I wasn't thrilled.
I think the profesional photos will look good.
I am pooped. It was a about a zillion degrees today. Kept waiting for the flowers to wilt. Didn't happen, I left right before the wedding and they still looked great. Can't wait to see what the photographers get.

Attachments

• 100_6052.jpg
    100_6052.jpg
    848.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_6036.jpg
    100_6036.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_6024.jpg
    100_6024.jpg
    796.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_6037.jpg
    100_6037.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_6060.jpg
    100_6060.jpg
    902 KB · Views: 62
more

Please excuse my spelling on last post.
I am toasted!!
Here's more.
I couldn't get a picture of the aisle runner.
I lined the aisle on both sides with the petals of 200 roses.

Attachments

• 100_5996.jpg
    100_5996.jpg
    579.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 100_6017.jpg
    100_6017.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_6021.jpg
    100_6021.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_6045.jpg
    100_6045.jpg