Wedding Pictures

The bride was happy with her boka, even thought I wasn't thrilled.
I think the profesional photos will look good.
I am pooped. It was a about a zillion degrees today. Kept waiting for the flowers to wilt. Didn't happen, I left right before the wedding and they still looked great. Can't wait to see what the photographers get.

Cherrie, tried to give you rep for those bqs but have to spread it round blah blah...

Those bridesmaids bouquets are absolutely gorgeous. I like the bridal one too but the colours in the bmaids really work i think..

Thanks to everyone for posting, i am really made up with how this thread has gone and should give us all some good ideas for when booking next years wedding.

Also, on the photographer front. I really really love professional photographs and i think they are absolutely essential when chasing the really high end work but.. sometimes i wonder if they would put off your ordinary bride from making initial contact due to the fact she may think that you are expensive. I like to mix some that i have taken myself and also a couple from photographers.

Reactions: 1 person
My Saturday wedding, we did the chair covers, table centres, church and bridal stuff. Lovely bride, i really hope she liked it. You know the really nice ones that you so want to please.:)

Attachments

• 100_0417.JPG
    100_0417.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_0410.JPG
    100_0410.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_0422.JPG
    100_0422.JPG
    363.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_0414.JPG
    100_0414.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 45
Beautiful Paula!!!
Love the rolled aspidistra leaves. I do that a lot, and alot, and alot - I'm OCD when it comes to something I like.
And yes, I know how badly we want to please someone who is really nice. My family was yesterday. The nicest, nicest people. Plus, they own and operate a local event venue. Very down to earth folk, so, know they will recommend me to their cliental. I love it that it is 5 minutes away from my shop. Yesterday, as we were unloading the vans, I noticed that a big vase had a crack on the bottom. I was able to quickly run to my shop and change it out. That was a blessing, don't know if I would have thought to bring another big vase. Sometimes I do, just in case.

When I was introduced to the dad, he said, "I know you. I come in and buy flowers for my wife". "You are the flower babe". "And, that is a very important person to be for us guys". I about died laughing so hard.

I'm changing my screen name to "The Flower Babe"!!!

Here's yesterday's wedding, just with the little digi camera...garden roses for the bride (hard to read the writing on the label...looks like "Cherret" from Green Valley Floral, a dark pink), and Shocking Versilia Roses/Green spider mums for the bmaids. Pretty little pots are cathyswraps (LOVE those pots! and very reasonably priced, give lots of pop!). Hard to see arch spray (better photos after old-fashioned film developed) has tinted sunflowers sans petals, green millet (THANKS Thom for the inspiration!), dahlias, pink matsu asters, green spiders, hot pink mini carns, sweet red huck, green hangin amaranthus. Great venue, PlumpJack Inn at Squaw Valley (Lake Tahoe) CA....dang... my family (helpers) and I hate those Lake Tahoe weddings!!! :) Oh - and I love what they did with their metal arch - they threaded it with 6' curly willow! Gives it a fuller and great organic effect!

Here's yesterday's wedding, just with the little digi camera...garden roses for the bride (hard to read the writing on the label...looks like "Cherret" from Green Valley Floral, a dark pink), and Shocking Versilia Roses/Green spider mums for the bmaids. Pretty little pots are cathyswraps (LOVE those pots! and very reasonably priced, give lots of pop!). Hard to see arch spray (better photos after old-fashioned film developed) has tinted sunflowers sans petals, green millet (THANKS Thom for the inspiration!), dahlias, pink matsu asters, green spiders, hot pink mini carns, sweet red huck, green hangin amaranthus. Great venue, PlumpJack Inn at Squaw Valley (Lake Tahoe) CA....dang... my family (helpers) and I hate those Lake Tahoe weddings!!! :) Oh - and I love what they did with their metal arch - they threaded it with 6' curly willow! Gives it a fuller and great organic effect!

I LOVE Cathys wrap!!!

I LOVE Cathys wrap!!!

Me too! They are so reasonably priced, yet have a high perceived value...this bride asked me when she would need to return them because she assumed they were rentals!:spintongu

Oh, and did you know she is coming out with a taller vase??? Yahoo! Great for inexpensive centers! She sent me a peek of them (a photo) in the package I received last week. Very nice looking!

Reactions: cathyswraps
yesterday's wedding - black dresses and an ornately beaded bridal gown.

Attachments

• DSC_0022-4.jpg
    DSC_0022-4.jpg
    593.9 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0024-4.jpg
    DSC_0024-4.jpg
    732.3 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_0040-2.jpg
    DSC_0040-2.jpg
    586.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0048-2.jpg
    DSC_0048-2.jpg
    761.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_0029-5.jpg
    DSC_0029-5.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 42
I have loved reading this thread! I've tried 3 different times in the past month to add some images of my own, but I get an error message every time. Hopefully it will work this time!!

I am SO inspired by the ideas, color palettes, textures and details of so many of the weddings (large and small)

These are random images from a few weddings this summer...

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 61
  • scan0006.jpg
    scan0006.jpg
    756.4 KB · Views: 54
  • scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 55
  • scan0008.jpg
    scan0008.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 58
  • scan0011.jpg
    scan0011.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 50
  • scan0014.jpg
    scan0014.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 50
  • scan0013.jpg
    scan0013.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 53
  • scan20002.jpg
    scan20002.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 50
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 54
  • scan20001.jpg
    scan20001.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 47
Amy, bouquets for the father of the bride aren't very popular over here in the UK, wonder if it will catch on! lol

Pleased you managed to get your photos posted, they are great pictures and lovely work, well done.

Me too! They are so reasonably priced, yet have a high perceived value...this bride asked me when she would need to return them because she assumed they were rentals!:spintongu

Oh, and did you know she is coming out with a taller vase??? Yahoo! Great for inexpensive centers! She sent me a peek of them (a photo) in the package I received last week. Very nice looking!
I'm confused...what is "Cathy's wrap"...the chair pieces or the bouquet
vases?

I'm confused...what is "Cathy's wrap"...the chair pieces or the bouquet
vases?

The cathyswrap is a little plastic pot that comes with a (recycled) paper two sided cover...so the green with white polka dot pots are the cathyswraps (in my recent photos).

Neat little product, very reasonably priced, and my brides love them!!

She is at www.cathyswraps.com

(no I don't work for her or get any kind of kickback...just love her product!!!! A lot of bang for the buck!)

The cathyswrap is a little plastic pot that comes with a (recycled) paper two sided cover...so the green with white polka dot pots are the cathyswraps (in my recent photos).

Neat little product, very reasonably priced, and my brides love them!!

She is at www.cathyswraps.com

(no I don't work for her or get any kind of kickback...just love her product!!!! A lot of bang for the buck!)
Thank you ! Very cool.

I am so inspried by all the beautiful wedding flowers.
Here are my flowers from this weeks weddings.
1 (Rash wedding) was at the Bastyr University Chapel... Beautiful Place, Reds and whites, simple centerpieces for receiption
2 (McIntosh wedding) Finally the day for my Scottish wedding. We had bling, scottish thistle (silk), Whortleberry greens, ivy, and everything else on her menu for the flowers. Because she requested 3 roses in 3 colors I made the bouquet into a celtic circle, if you can see it otherwise I felt it would be to splotchy. The Bouquets were tied with McIntosh Plaid Fabirc provided by the Bride. It was fun to make considering my last name is McIntosh also. She loved what I did.
Can't wait to see the professional pictures.. so here are mine and my son help me... We are not photographers, but we are trying.

Attachments

• rash bride3.jpg
    rash bride3.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 35
  • rash bridesmaid3.jpg
    rash bridesmaid3.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 34
  • rash cneterpiece3.jpg
    rash cneterpiece3.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 41
  • McIntosh Bride.jpg
    McIntosh Bride.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_0768.jpg
    100_0768.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 33
  • McIntosh Bridesmaid2.jpg
    McIntosh Bridesmaid2.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Mcintosh headbands.jpg
    Mcintosh headbands.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Mcintosh goomsbout3.jpg
    Mcintosh goomsbout3.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 32
  • McIntoshfathers bout.jpg
    McIntoshfathers bout.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 33
  • McInoths mothers cors 3.jpg
    McInoths mothers cors 3.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 34
Here are two of the ones we did last weekend and a previous bouquet, one of the photos didn't turn out, last time I ask a young gal that's been sucking down Pepsi all day to hold a bouquet for a photo! Photoshop can't fix everything. 2 of the bouquets were done in an Oasis holder. Also including a silk bouquet pic done for an Aug 8 wedding, not my favorite combo, but what ya gonna do?

We were 107 degrees here on Sat and about 25% humidity, hope all the flowers held up!

Trish

Attachments

• aug 2009 bride.jpg
    aug 2009 bride.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 37
  • aug bride2009b.jpg
    aug bride2009b.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 34
  • Aug bride 2009 silk.jpg
    Aug bride 2009 silk.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 35
  • pink orchid hand tie.jpg