Wedding Pictures

Love the way yur gerbs came out in the handtied...and the wrap...awesome...so talk...give me the cheese on this girlie! Love it!
Sher

it's a scrapbooking thingamajig. Got them on sale for $1 from AC Moore. Felt Fusion (adhesive backed felt coutout) from Queen & co. We just trim to length & save the rest for the next job. I hope to find more stuff like this for custom treaments - sometimes those little details make the biggest difference.

:)

edit - oh man, just found the site! HAVE FUN!

I know

Jean- Bloomcloset, that Mother and Daughter look like sisters or twins even.

Trish

They look a lot alike, my mom had me when she was 19, so she is about to be 60 in December, now everyone asks if we are sisters, Im sad to say its because she looks so young!

These are delighttful. Would you share the mechanics with me? We are doing the exact flowers for a rehearsal dinner in Nov but I never thought of doing something like this...really cool. Thanks for sharing the pics...now some more info if you can
TIA,
Sher

Thanks Sher,
Are you referring to the buffet and centerpiece?
If so, I used Oasis Powder to create the sand effect. I was going to use actual colored sand from the pet store, but the Oasis Foams were in the exact colors I needed. The table cloths were Aqua, the over lays yellow, and the napkins orange.
It was a Carribean themed 50th birthday party. My idea, I asked the husband where their favorate vacation happened.
I placed sea shells and 2 led acolytes in the centerpieces and 4 lights in the buffet piece. They glowed a soft blue in the blue powder. I then lined lomey trays with an aqua netting, put in foam, and made the arrangements separately. I actually made the arrangements on a bowl, to make sure they were properly balanced. I soaked the foam well, then removed all the excess water. I was concerned with weight.
I delivered the bowls and glass and arrangements separately.
When I placed the lomey trays on top, I first placed 4 of the new Oasis glue dots on the rims of the bowls. Man, do they stick. Have no fears or doubt about them, just make sure they are first placed on a clean, dry surface. I first layed a medium monstera leaf on the table, usder the bowls. I'll see if I can get a picture of that, nice effect.
At the party that night, after the husband had few martinis, he came over to me and said, "I don't know what you charged my credit card, but you can double it"! Good thing I'm a nice honest person!!!!

Reactions: CHR and master J
Had two weekends and covered 12 weddings. OMG, tough wasn't the start of it but we did it. What could go wrong went wrong but just like any other florist i know, we thought on our feet, worked faster than the speed of sound and got through it. Anyway, few snapshots taken very quickly...

Attachments

• 100_0436.JPG
    100_0436.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_0369.JPG
    100_0369.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_0443.JPG
    100_0443.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_0446.JPG
    100_0446.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_0434.JPG
    100_0434.JPG
    399.3 KB · Views: 66
Ok..thanks for the info..I tried to order the dots..they dont carry them as of yet..like is thisa new product? And they have discontinued the powder and they never sold the glass cleaner...
I must live in Siberia!
Working on it and cant thank you enough for the info...it is such a nice look for our beach weddings, cocktail hours etc that I was stunned that you are so far west...lol
I can always send you real coconuts if you need them for a party...lol...first you drill a hole, then you fill it it with rum, add a straw and then contemplate what design you want to do...works like a charm! lol
Sher

Reactions: Rhonda
More stuff...
For some reason, Paula, thye won't let me give you a green dot...
But, wow - that first bouquet is gorgegous!!!! I want to make it!!

Did you do a collar of cardboard and wrap with aspidistra and pin it on?
I love it!!!
All of the bouquets are nice, but, the first one knocks my socks off!!

Maybe, we should switch places for a while, I can run your shop and do European work and you can come here and do US work????

Thanks Sher,
At the party that night, after the husband had few martinis, he came over to me and said, "I don't know what you charged my credit card, but you can double it"! Good thing I'm a nice honest person!!!!

No greater compliment than that!!! Congrats on a job well done.

Heres a few from a wedding we did at the end of July

Attachments

• DSC_0915 NITAS GUEST TABLE 2.jpg
    DSC_0915 NITAS GUEST TABLE 2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_0931 NITAS BEACHSIDE SERVICE.jpg
    DSC_0931 NITAS BEACHSIDE SERVICE.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_0930 NITAS GIFTS FOR THE GUESTS.jpg
    DSC_0930 NITAS GIFTS FOR THE GUESTS.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_0898 nita's place card table.jpg
    DSC_0898 nita's place card table.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_0891 NITA AND JOHNS LOVE TABLE.jpg
    DSC_0891 NITA AND JOHNS LOVE TABLE.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 72
We are a mountain town . This was done at my last wedding...I thought
it was a great alternative to the usual autograph mat/photo idea.
The bride found the old skis on ebay and each guest signed them, they will
hang the skis on their wall in their house.
skis.jpg

skis1.jpg

For some reason, Paula, thye won't let me give you a green dot...
But, wow - that first bouquet is gorgegous!!!! I want to make it!!

Did you do a collar of cardboard and wrap with aspidistra and pin it on?
I love it!!!
All of the bouquets are nice, but, the first one knocks my socks off!!

Maybe, we should switch places for a while, I can run your shop and do European work and you can come here and do US work????

Hey Cherrie that sounds so tempting...

The collar is cardboard and then i glued some raffia on it to give a spongy and more 3 d effect. I used varigated dracena leaves as these are smaller and do not need stripping.

I actually glued a lot of the stuff on but then on the tips used pins to avoid glue everywhere. I've got to say I did love making this and the bride loved it.

It is my mission now to do more collars now with other materials, (when i get that spare five minutes LOL).

Thanks for the compliment, it means a lot...

A few from last week's wedding, a simple backyard affair.

Attachments

• bearce final bouq.jpg
    bearce final bouq.jpg
    780.7 KB · Views: 52
  • bearce cake top.jpg
    bearce cake top.jpg
    725.8 KB · Views: 46
  • bearce corsages.jpg
    bearce corsages.jpg
    760.3 KB · Views: 43
  • bearce bouts.jpg
    bearce bouts.jpg
    769.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Bearce bride.jpg
    Bearce bride.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 42
Paula, Beautiful work!

How do you keep the collar from slipping down the bouquet handle? I assume you secure it in some fashion.

Sorry about the dumb question, I have never done a collar like that before.

No not dumb at all, I took an advanced wedding one day course and we covered collars on this.

Its pretty tough to explain but i will try. Also i will take some pics next time.

When doing anytype of collar like this i cut out a circle of cardboard and then made another circle inside so that its like a polo mint.

I then insert very thick wires evenly spaced by piercing the cardboard and then gathering them up in the middle. Taping these forms legs for the collar which you then integrate with the stems in the handtied. This stops it from slipping.

I have just read that back and not sure if it makes sense but i shall take some photos for sure. I also use this method for ivy structures too.

Hope this vaguely helps...

maybe this is :
take a cardboard ring off the ribbon bolt say #9...take #40 end place on top of #9 end. (I use a paper punch to make the holes) Thread wires (I tape mine or use barked wire) through both cardboard rings and through center, twist together. After all 3 holes are wired (I use 3 equally spaced), gather to make an armature below the holes in the cardboard.
The double cardboard just makes stiffer collar. I've used just the single also. But as big as the one P did, I can see the need for a double ring... (smaller version using the example here)
HTH?

Reactions: Carrieann and Palms
I just used one ring but it was very stiff cardboard and i thickened it with raffia also to give it some real depth. Understand what you are saying Rhonda, i think you explained it better than me. :)

Reactions: Rhonda