Wedding Pictures

Biggest Wedding of my 30+ year career!

Whew, we just did the biggest wedding of my 30+ career. Everything went very well. A big thank you to April at Mocha Rose and Linda at Anytime Flowers. The total came in at slightly over $10,000 and the country club referred us. We found out it was their largest event as well. The club was closed for the day because of the wedding--400 guests!

Here's a link to some pics that I took with my Blackberry: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2042456&id=1488213351&l=3b83fca5dc
I'll post more when I get in the shop.....it's Sunday and I need a day of rest!

Sue, looks great!

How many of those pew markers did you do? Good grief, that IS huge.

Only had to do 6 hearts on the pews, but they really were time consuming! Had to use hydrangea florets and the tiny stems didn't want to go into the dense oasis! They seemed to take forever. For some of the skimpier stems, I made a hole with a hyacinth stick and added cold glue to help them adhere.

The rest of the pews had hot pink organza scarves.

BTW, the eluminators worked great! Thanks.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
Good job Sue! What did you end up doing for transportation? Did you make these in your shop?

Now you can relax after a job well done!

We rented a Ryder truck. I got too big of one, but there really wasn't much difference in price. We did everything at the shop and just added the feathers, crystals and ivy at the club. I'm so glad that for my first really big event, we had lots of time and it wasn't busy all week in the shop. Our walk in cooler picked this week to act up, though, and although Allegheny Refrigeration was there 3 times, the condenser is still freezing up. I shut it down yesterday before I left for the weekend. The walk in has never had a problem, but I guess when you have a huge event, that's when things will happen!

Thanks again for your help and support. I honestly don't think I would have pulled it off without the help of my FC friends.

Sue, as a side note. You know that I had someone in for my cooler the day we spoke. Because we have had very high humidity weather-wise, and combined with a lot of fresh product which also adds to the humidity, our tech simply thawed all of the ice off with a blow torch and then adjusted the defrost cycle so it would cycle more often. The temp is a little higher than usual, about 40-42 degrees as opposed to my favored 38, but there is no more frost or ice building up VISIBLY, and the glass doors are not fogging up as much.

Reactions: theflowersmith
Our wedding set up went really smooth this weekend. I prepared for the worst, so it turned out OK in the end. We only had 30 minutes to set up but we submerged all orchids and candles at shop to save time and transported them in original cylinder vase boxes they came in....very easy.
Here's a few pics and vids as always...

[video=youtube;aSO41rLLVqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSO41rLLVqc[/video]

Attachments

• Bridal Bouquet by Belvedere Flowers June 19, 2010 wedding.jpg
    Bridal Bouquet by Belvedere Flowers June 19, 2010 wedding.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Bridesmaid bouquet in lime green and purple by belvedere flowers.jpg
    Bridesmaid bouquet in lime green and purple by belvedere flowers.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Card table with submerged orchids and more by belvedere flowers.jpg
    Card table with submerged orchids and more by belvedere flowers.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 24
  • orchid table centerpieces at hilton city ave philadelphia by belvedere flowers 2.jpg
    orchid table centerpieces at hilton city ave philadelphia by belvedere flowers 2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 25
  • orchid table centerpieces at hilton city ave philadelphia by belvedere flowers 3.jpg
    orchid table centerpieces at hilton city ave philadelphia by belvedere flowers 3.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 22
  • orchid table centerpieces at hilton city ave philadelphia by belvedere flowers.jpg
    orchid table centerpieces at hilton city ave philadelphia by belvedere flowers.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 24
adam i love the way the dendros just sit in the cylinder vase beautifully, so very simple yet elegant. I think i will try this out if you dont mind.

Also, do you all realise that we have kept this thread going for over a year???? Amazing i think.... lets go for two at least :)

Here is video of yesterday's wedding. Half way through video you can see some footage of horrible storm that ripped through our area on Thurs. All of Delaware County PA lost power. It was crazy. Trees down everywhere! Something we are not used to in the Philly area. Anyway, our coolers were out for 7 hours and no AC in store! It made me think of the gerbera daisy boutonniere thread started a few days ago, and I thought, crap, these suckers are going to go limp! We were fortunate enough to get power back later that night so all turned out OK, the family loved their flowers!

[video=youtube;3YMzRT_RKEc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YMzRT_RKEc[/video]

Adam, I would hire you in a heartbeat just to produce videos and put them on our site. If you ever get tired of being a florist, you could make serious money helping thse of us who are tech impaired!
I look forward to your stuff, for the flowers, of course, but the stories you tell in your videos are priceless. What a talent!
JP

Reactions: master J
Adam, that video is fab.. i too wish you could come and video for us. Bouquets and church peds are gorgeous also...

But, your designer should have proper shoes on lol!!

Adam, I would hire you in a heartbeat just to produce videos and put them on our site. If you ever get tired of being a florist, you could make serious money helping thse of us who are tech impaired!
I look forward to your stuff, for the flowers, of course, but the stories you tell in your videos are priceless. What a talent!
JP

Ok Joanne, I am tired of being a florist, please pay me the big bucks to make movies for you! LOL

Reactions: anytimeflowers