Wedding Pictures

Three weddings this weekend

I'm still recovering! three weddings.jpg

The two big events were almost opposite in look and feel... Megan was carefree and wanted color.
imai bride.jpgimai maid.jpgimai center 2.jpgimai center close up.jpg

Jessica was a southern belle who wanted romance and elegance. The beads you see hanging from the centerpieces were made by the bride from her grandmother's jewelry. I was skeptical at first but they really looked cool.
obrien bride presentation.jpgobrien maid 2.jpgobrien centers 2.jpgobrien center beads.jpg

Attachments

• imai bride presentation.jpg
    imai bride presentation.jpg
    639.4 KB · Views: 32
Jennifer love those designs, especially love the way you have taken the pics against the tree trunks.

Also love the table designs and bridal bouquet on the second wedding, thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: Snapdragon Studio
Aw, thanks guys! I actually got the idea for the blumeboxes from April at Mocha Rose. It's a fun way for me to incorporate my love of paper crafts into my floral designs.

Memorial Day 2010 Weddings

I always loved this thread started by Palms! So I thought I would keep it going....
Here is blog link from this weekends 2 weddings full of pictures and of course videos too. I also wanted to thank Jennifer Laylock for the great advice about blogging, facebook, etc. I am trying to send people to my blog more rather than just youtube links...I also attached a few pics from one of the weddings but you can view more on the blog link.

http://www.belvedereflowers.com/blog/2010/05/memorial-day-weekend-wedding-flowers-at-appleford.php

Attachments

• Saint denis church bridesmaid by belvedere flowers.jpg
    Saint denis church bridesmaid by belvedere flowers.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 27
  • appleford low centerpiece in orange and lime green flowers.jpg
    appleford low centerpiece in orange and lime green flowers.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 23
  • appleford flowers matches cake by belvedere flowers.jpg
    appleford flowers matches cake by belvedere flowers.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Saint denis church bride by belvedere flowers.jpg
    Saint denis church bride by belvedere flowers.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 22
Gorgeous work Adam as usual, i love looking at all your work on facebook too. Thanks everyone for joining in, i can't believe how long this thread has kept going, so here are some of mine from may too.

Attachments

• newsize4.jpg
    newsize4.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 15
  • new size.jpg
    new size.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 17
  • new size2.jpg
    new size2.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 14
  • new size4.jpg
    new size4.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 14
  • newsize5.jpg
    newsize5.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 18
  • newsize1.jpg
    newsize1.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 15
  • new size1.jpg
    new size1.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 15
  • newsize3.jpg
    newsize3.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 20
  • newsize5.jpg
    newsize5.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 13
  • newsize3.jpg
    newsize3.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 14
  • newsize2.jpg
    newsize2.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 15
May was a very strange month for us and we had a lot of very late booking, fun and very unique weddings. Most of these were very simple with no attendants, very simple centerpieces and only 4-8 tables.
joannazoo2.jpgjoanna cer.jpgjoanna zoo.jpgjoannazoo3.jpgjoannazoo1.jpg This one had an outdoor ceremony in her parent's backyard under a tent for 30 guests. Good thing for the tent since it was mid 50's, downpour and 50mph winds. The wind was so strong that it started to shred the tent. The two stakes in the back were not planned, but I brought them along as a plan B instead of the 24" cylinders on top of pedestals. We had to put them there to act as a buffer because when the big gusts would blow, the sides of the tent would snap so loudly it hurt your ears. Also had a ton of sourcing issues as this was Mother's Day weekend. Nightmare for me, but the bride was very happy.

rebecca3.jpgrebecca2.jpg Rebecca.jpgrebecca4.jpg This wedding was a very small, but pretty rustic farm wedding. She actually made the bride's dress in the last shots and their weddings were on the same day. Beautiful family (that's their daughter in the pink dress).

lisabilly2.jpglisabilly.jpg Very cute and VERY unique couple that married each other as part of a Quaker ceremony. She's a landscape gardener and he was a manager of the floral deptartment in an organic grocery store. They knew their flowers and it was a fun challenge!

27541_266775487428_7476_n.jpg

This cascade was from Saturday, May 29th. Posted this on Facebook and finally am starting a blog, too! Wow, I'm moving out of the dark ages!

That is a GORGEOUS cascading bouquet.......Just out of curiosity...How many of you are seeing or doing cascading hand-tied bouquets?

I did three cascading showers (on page 73 of this thread) last week. I try not to do cascading handtieds as i think they take longer to get a nice shape. I did one the other week and i did not like it really, luckily the bride loved it.

That is a GORGEOUS cascading bouquet.......Just out of curiosity...How many of you are seeing or doing cascading hand-tied bouquets?

I've had several brides want one recently. 100% of my bouquets are hand-tied, I've never made one in a bouquet holder (sorry, no formal training here!), but I'm seeing an interest in the hand-tied bouquets with a bit of cascading elements. They all want them to be natural-looking, with just a touch of florals cascading.

The first one is from May 22, Bride loved everything.
April 2010 394.jpgboots tractor.jpgAnthonyMandy-100522-739.jpgMandybouquet.jpgAnthonyMandy-100522-677.jpg
This one is from this weekend, the Brides Mother called this morning to say the were extremely pleased with everything.April 2010 495.jpgApril 2010 519.jpgApril 2010 518.jpgApril 2010 490.jpgApril 2010 515crop.jpgApril 2010 505.jpg
This one is from last week, pics are not the best, the lighting was awful.April 2010 459.jpgApril 2010 435crop.jpgApril 2010 434.jpgApril 2010 455.jpgApril 2010 431.jpgApril 2010 446.jpgApril 2010 442crop.jpg

I meant to post these earlier. These were 3 pictures at the wedding from last weekend, with the black and white, the last pics posted in the previous post of mine.

Wedding picture of the Brides Great Grandmother, Grandmother and Mother. Just thought it was neat.April 2010 470crop.jpgApril 2010 469crop.jpgApril 2010 471crop.jpg