Wedding Pictures

Yeah, here too, although not so much the 80's " packed ice cream cone" shaped cascade, .... here I have had more interset in the muti stranded cascading thing.
Although I'm not a big fan of the extra labour charge I need to work into the quotes, it's about time for the "hand-tied" bouquet to die.
And I think it will be good for truly professional florists, because this is one bouquet that the "Marthas" of the world do not have the skills to execute.
All in all, it's a good thing.
JP

I have a couple brides wanting cascading elements to their bouuqets... but still in a hand-tied style. They also want the cascade to look natural, using flowers that cascade down naturally such as freesia, bear grass, callas, etc.

Today's bride was the most difficult bride i've ever had. She only liked purple, hates lavender, hates greens, and would hardly accept any ivory. She wouldn't budge from her budget, but wanted more, more, more. She even drove the photographer and the reception coordinator crazy. She tried to alter the contracts and actually inquired about the photogs health insurance info. I'm thinking she was afraid of causing a nervous breakdown.
I'm praying she loves the flowers, if not i'm thinking one of the servers can dump red wine on her head! She will be my official Jewish Bride version of Steven King's "CARRIE"!

Attachments

• purple bouquets.jpg
    purple bouquets.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 28
  • brides bouquet.JPG
    brides bouquet.JPG
    627.3 KB · Views: 30
  • purple rec..jpg
    purple rec..jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 30
  • puple dendrs.jpg
    puple dendrs.jpg
    742.9 KB · Views: 29
  • purple centerpieces.jpg
    purple centerpieces.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 27
IMG_2265.jpgIMG_2235.JPGIMG_2261.jpgIMG_2252.JPGIMG_2267.JPGIMG_2237.jpgThis was the biggest volume of sales we've had in one day. The pictures are not great as they are from my cell. We had 2 weddings. Total of 19 bouquets, 49 LARGE centerpieces, 38 large church arrangements and countless bouts, corsages, etc.

The first set was of the biggest of the two. It was a princess like pink and gold wedding that was very over the top. I don't have pics of the church set up but it was just as grand with 24 large aisle decorations, 4 altars, 2 huge monogram letters, 7 flower girls...

But the CAKE! wow! what a cake! The bride showed me a Slyvia Weinstock cake and I seroiusly doubted that anyone in Pittsburgh could do it. What do you know, a little bakery I've never heard of pulled off this 10 ft cake!

IMG_2209.jpgIMG_2216.JPGIMG_2207.JPG The other "smaller" wedding (still a pretty big one) was very cool but the cell pics do not give it justice. I hope the photographer pulls through and can send me shots. Very nice venue, very stylish but artistic clients. Very fun!
IMG_2159.JPGIMG_2149.JPG This last one is from a wedding I did last week. The bride is an amazing pro photographer here that I've become good friends with. She asked me to travel to do her destination beach wedding. (no question there, the answer is yes!) She is in the industry and let me go wild with a beach/ Anthropologie like theme. Super fun! (Also a lot of fun to be a guest for once)

Attachments

• IMG_2267.JPG
    IMG_2267.JPG
    773 KB · Views: 33
Today's bride was the most difficult bride i've ever had. She only liked purple, hates lavender, hates greens, and would hardly accept any ivory. She wouldn't budge from her budget, but wanted more, more, more. She even drove the photographer and the reception coordinator crazy. She tried to alter the contracts and actually inquired about the photogs health insurance info. I'm thinking she was afraid of causing a nervous breakdown.
I'm praying she loves the flowers, if not i'm thinking one of the servers can dump red wine on her head! She will be my official Jewish Bride version of Steven King's "CARRIE"!

Wait a minute! I'm pretty sure I've met this bride. Or her evil twin cousin...

Wow April, you are amazing!!!! How do they cut a cake like that? really,do they have to get a ladder out to dismantle? Loved the beach stuff! really cool

Wow April, you are amazing!!!! How do they cut a cake like that? really,do they have to get a ladder out to dismantle? Loved the beach stuff! really cool

Not sure. The baker was very proud of the cake (reasonabilily so.) I was setting up and during that I overheard that there was a family emergency. He stayed another 2 hours to assist in the cutting. True vendor in dedication, but hope everything was okay!

Reactions: KABERS
Wow, April!!
Amazing work.
I thought there was a recession?

That big pink wedding... let's just say there were three different checks that were "lost in the mail". I ended up getting two different payments in cash in the $2k-5k range the two weeks before the wedding. I don't ask where it came from as long as my bank accepts it.

Reactions: dlnfloral
These are from the wedding where the bride used another florist for the personal flowers and contacted me a month before the wedding for centerpieces and ceremony decor. She was disappointed with her personal flowers, I felt bad for her! She was really upset about her toss bouquet of all things, it had 3 spiders and waxflower. I added another spider and a hydrangea bloom, they were my extras.

arch.jpgarch right.jpgarch center.jpgcenter 1.jpgcenter 2b.jpgreception.jpg

Attachments

• center 1.2.jpg
    center 1.2.jpg
    758.9 KB · Views: 27