Funeral Pics

Beautiful Paula... you do so many more "set pieces" than I do here.

Reactions: Palms
Thank you Rhonda. The only thing is, i hardly get any funeral work. The fd organise so much of it around here and the "family flowers only" thing has took over. I bumped into the delivery guy from the florist who gets all the fd work and he said that more and more are buying one piece andputting 10 cards on it. Its a struggle isnt it. But we go on and on trying... thanks for your kind words :tread:

A few more from recent funerals:

Yellow and White Easel Spray

255x425.aspx

Madonna Statuette in Garden Design

425x365.aspx

Purple and White Easel Spray (the dendrobium petals were glued to the tulle to symbolize tears.)

282x425.aspx

I uploaded the last image (below) since it includes a shot of the casket. Wouldn't put that on our blog without first getting an OK from the family. The casket was flanked by two tall easels and you can see one on the right side of the photo.
Cathy, my God, your pieces are EXQUISITE!!!! Now where in the world are you getting those lavender anthuriums?
Linda
Btw, I absolutely plan on stealing your angel wings if that's okay!

Reactions: boots12313
Anytimeflowers, please DO make your own version of the wings. :) The lavender anthuriums are from Greenpoint Nursery and they're called Lavender Lady. We have them on a standing order.

Palms, your purple shoe tribute is just fab. Is that a regular show covered with flowers? What a memorable last gift to a friend. :)

Thank you sooooo much. I am going to e-mail the nursery and get myself set up.
Secondly, I just can't get over your beautiful work! I feel ashamed at my own when compared to yours. I do know who you are, of course. I have gobbled up several articles featuring your shop, and highly respec t you.

However, here are couple that I have, please excuse the background, I'm am not a good photographer, and not very good at editing, either!

Now, I know these are perfectly acceptable, but give me tips on making them exceptional - be critical, I want to know!

Palms, your purple shoe tribute is just fab. Is that a regular show covered with flowers? What a memorable last gift to a friend. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliment. Yes it is a shoe covered in button xanths and sprayed purple. We stuck down lids onto a cake base and then filled them with oasis to put the flower sprays in. The lady was really worried that a flower shaped shoe may look a bit transvestite looking so i suggested that we covered the real shoe to make it more life like. :)

Letters are bought from our wholesalers but oasis do them and so do a company called val spicer although over here they do not sell strait to retail, only to wholesale. Maybe you could ask you wholesaler to get them in for you.

Remember when you do an unusual design put it on your website.

Last month I had two designer items to do in one week. Yesterday had a call from out of our area, again had seen our website could we do an Indiana Jones Legoman for next tuesday.

Kevin

Attachments

• bus.jpg
    bus.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 31
  • dhl lory.jpg
    dhl lory.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 32
  • swanvestas.jpg
    swanvestas.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 32
Remember when you do an unusual design put it on your website.

Last month I had two designer items to do in one week. Yesterday had a call from out of our area, again had seen our website could we do an Indiana Jones Legoman for next tuesday.

Kevin

Ruscus, they are fantastic, they really are!! Not seen you around for a
while... keep on posting :)

This is for a very good customer's father who was Irish and grew carnations in his garden. Our customer is an artist and wanted something unique. She absolutely loved it.

Reactions: 1 person
boy. are you guys ever amazing talents......name me ONE other industry that has what we have, what WE work with??...

Attachments

• Screen Shots 001.jpg
    Screen Shots 001.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Flower Arrangements 002.jpg
    Flower Arrangements 002.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Flower Arrangements 007.jpg
    Flower Arrangements 007.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shots.jpg
    Screen Shots.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Arrangements 005.jpg
    Arrangements 005.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Confederation Cup 2007 001.jpg
    Confederation Cup 2007 001.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 32
Casket piece that was one of the most challenging I've had to do in years. The family wanted the feeling of a meadow with 'wild flowers', wanted the design to be bright, wanted red ginger & anthuriums included to represent one of the deceased's children who lives in Hawaii and wanted 2 pink lilies to represent granddaghters. Trying to blend it all was like working a puzzle. (For a closed casket which was copper in color.)

425x339.aspx

Similar issue for the cross. Woodsy, bright, 'wild flower' in yellow and purple with curly willow featured on the cross. We layed the willow on top the Oasis foam form, tied it down with bind wire and then worked the roses and foliages through the stem grids. The easel was painted copper to match the casket and the overall design stood approx. 7' tall.

269x425.aspx

The question about "Do you do anything for families for funerals?" ... I do my utmost best to provide what the family requests. These were for a gentleman whose Mom had sent him a birthday design on the 9th while he was in the hospital (terminally ill) and she cried as she ordered "I'm losing him". She wanted bright mannish colors and I sent something similar in colors to these pieces. He passed on the 11th and when the wife ordered her flowers on the 13th, she said the birthday arrangement had helped brighten the room and those who visited them there. He never saw the flowers but she said, he would have loved them as I am still enjoying them at home. Today the sister called (all the family was told by the Mom to call me for their memorial flowers) to say how beautiful and fitting all my work was. She said "You could definitely tell the love you put into your work, I wish you were located here in my town". Here are some of the pieces I did.

Attachments

• White Tribute.JPG
    White Tribute.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Caged Urn.JPG
    Caged Urn.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Masculine Tribute.JPG
    Masculine Tribute.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 39
  • John Deere.JPG
    John Deere.JPG