Funeral Pics

Susan that is lovely, thank you to everyone sharing in this thread. I just love design threads!!

Susan, thanks for sharing your process. Good for you stepping up to the challenge. That's what designing is all about and what will separate you from the competition. I always tell myself there is more than one way to do things, and I only have to think of one, and hope it works well. Lovely pieces.

Susan, thanks for sharing your process. Good for you stepping up to the challenge. That's what designing is all about and what will separate you from the competition. I always tell myself there is more than one way to do things, and I only have to think of one, and hope it works well. Lovely pieces.

Beautiful, and yes, especially appreciate you sharing your mechanics!

Been purusing this thread for ideas. We have a funeral on Thursday for a gentleman who was the traveling secretary for baseball. So far we have orders from several baseball teams: Orioles, Cincinnati Reds, Minnesota Twins and Seattle Mariners. Any help or ideas from you local florists would be so greatly appreciated. Each order has offered up team colors, but if any of you have terrrific ideas that could be incorporated, I would love to hear about them. Thank you so much!

Beautiful job and great engineering on your part. A florist friend in Phila, does a lot of these raised heart pieces and she anchors them onto a syrofoam board all covered with greeneryand flowers, but it's hung and staged above the open casket lid. She also does the raised lettering. She cuts all the letters out of strofoam and then sets them in place on the stro board. Sounds very labor intensive.

Linda, that work is absolutely gorgeous. Loving the colour schemes used which i think is one of the most important aspects..

Hi Paula,
I love orange, it's been a favorite for a couple years now. This particular funeral is 5 large pieces, all orange, all different. It was a challenge for me and my wholesaler! I really wanted some red huck but he didn't have any showing good color. I have to deliver them all at 1:00 today, I'm thinking that is going to be one bright chapel! BTW, the casket is muted copper and the deceased is wearing terra cotta. Wish I could take pix of the set-up but the deceased is always in the casket already.

Reactions: Palms
Hope this works! These are several pieces we've done in the last few weeks.

1. Casket Spray
2. Indiana Jones Theme Casket Spray
3. Soccer Ball on a field
4. Blue Butterfly
5. Solid Red Heart
6. Skateboard (wish you could see the wheels--they were made out of the roll of tulle & sprayed black)

Still getting used to that whole web-site thing, believe it or not . Mine just got launched the end of January. A couple of the pieces did make it on there, the yellow and white CS and another masculine one. It all depends on which computer I'm on when I think of it, getting old and forgetful sucks! But now with a nudge like that, some more brain cells may kick in.

Lots of casket sprays here this last week. Todays had the john deer tractor. It's an antique, never been out of the box till today and the serial number was 7. The last thing his son said to me was, " don't play with it". I hope his Dad sees nothing but perfect farming weather in Heaven.

Attachments

• 100_2011..jpg
    100_2011..jpg
    668 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_2008..jpg
    100_2008..jpg
    749.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_1996..jpg
    100_1996..jpg
    759.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_1984..jpg
    100_1984..jpg
    675 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_1981..jpg
    100_1981..jpg
    749.3 KB · Views: 31
This thread is amazing.

Its just a shame that many of you are so talented but you don't take the time to add these designs to your website.

What are you waiting for?

Eric, your question is very timely and simply answered for me. I don't know how. But know that I need to learn, as we're looking to do a WS free site by year end. Yesterday I had the largest funeral we ever did - 27 pieces - and I took pictures of everything! Good for me, but used a disposable camera, as my level of digital technology is not so good (old battery eating camera frustrated the Heck out of me). I would love any help you or someone could offer to get me up to speed. I'm sure there's a thread here somewhere, and as soon as I catch my breath this week, I can look into it. Feel free to PM me with any help. Thanks. Really appreciate it.

Oh Karen, so pretty. I love the pink and white with the white casket. That standing spray looks like a rendition of Cathy's angel, pretty.

Another hug. I am impressed that you did the flowers, not sure if I could, but then, who else would you trust? Another big hug!

Linda

Reactions: LOTAKIDS