Funeral Pics

The pinks are just lovely, Karen. I'm sure your mom is so proud that you were able to do this for her. We gain strength through our challenges. And hoping the support of all of us here helps to get you through this difficult time.

Reactions: LOTAKIDS
Karen, they are beautiful displays, you really did your mum proud. I hope all went well xx

This is just a coffin spray i did last week, had a few funerals in lately which is good as god knows i need the practice..

ps, got this funeral through facebook :)

Attachments

• Graphic1..JPG
    Graphic1..JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 41
guess I'll add a few more iris to this in the a.m. LOL
Love looking at pics, helps "rearrange" things...

Attachments

• Casket weave..JPG
    Casket weave..JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 51
That's what I was going to say, along with a notation that somebody got in some teepee! Great job, those weaves are AWESOME!

Oh, and in case you have not tried yet with other palms, stay away from the robellini, it is way too tender, just breaks and rips.

it was robellini.......when I counted the stems (10) and looked at the price ($5.50) I knew it wasn't tee pee!!! LOL

companion piece - it's sitting on a large moose shed (antler that I use as a prop)

Attachments

• Sympathy Moose An.JPG
    Sympathy Moose An.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: anytimeflowers
This is a sympathy piece I made for a friend of my floral design instructor, Sandy Wershing. While this is an unusual piece (for me) for a funeral, it's not unusual for Sandy. The deceased was a close friend of Sandy's, who was the wicked witch in a production of Wizard of OZ, produced by Sandy's husband many years ago. Sandy loves using sunflowers and she wanted to reflect Oz and the yellow brick road. This is what I created, keeping in mind the two demensional aspect of the camera and my poor picture taking technique,(The sunflowers were not lined up in a row.)

Attachments

• sunflowersym.jpg
    sunflowersym.jpg
    759.9 KB · Views: 40
Each piece was $200.00. I know I should have charged more but honestly this was a very good customer thats been wonderful to us and our city. He will be greatly missed.

Do you use pins to attach your cushion pomps? One of my designers said they always used toothpicks? I've always used pins but toothpicks would be cheaper.

Before the advent of the oasis forms.......we used toothpicks - but the round ones would split the pompon stems.....so we switched to the pointed flat kind.......and the flowers did wonderful after that with no splitting and stayed totally secure.

Reactions: KABERS
Now that I finally have a new digital camera, thought I'd post a couple of custom pieces we did this weekend.

Attachments

• Navy Wreath.jpg
    Navy Wreath.jpg
    756.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Wreath w Shamrock2.jpg
    Wreath w Shamrock2.jpg
    631.1 KB · Views: 25
Here are a couple from a funeral this weekend. The family brought in the bird house chair that used to sit on the deceased porch. He really enjoyed the birds that built a nest in it every year...so it was very personal piece. The other one is in a birch bark canoe-something we sell a lot of-done in silk usually, but also in fresh.

Birch-canoe-with-sunflowers.jpg

Birdhouse-chair-arrangement.jpg

Sandy ~ gorgeous. Now, where did the fish come from? Are they mushroom fish? They look pretty real in the picture. And the millet ~ beautiful. Gonna ask my wholesaler if ours is in yet.

Love it when sympathy pieces are a tribute to the deceased, this is one of the areas florists can really shine.

Sandy ~ gorgeous. Now, where did the fish come from? Are they mushroom fish? They look pretty real in the picture. And the millet ~ beautiful. Gonna ask my wholesaler if ours is in yet.

Love it when sympathy pieces are a tribute to the deceased, this is one of the areas florists can really shine.

Yep, they're mushroom fish. We've been getting the millet for a couple of weeks now from Kohler and Dramm....my favorite in the summer and fall! I really have to focus on getting images of the personalized pieces we do. So many of them have a "northwoods" feel to them..something that you don't see in the books.

Sandy

Reactions: anytimeflowers