Funeral Pics

Very cleaver with the felt pennant, it always amazes me what we come up with to use in our arrangements. I think we are all artists, wish we could get paid what I think we are worth! I'll take some pictures tomarrow, we are actually doing 2 casket pieces & other assorted funeral pieces. Busy day tomarrow! If the pictures look ok I will have my granddaughter post the pictures, i don't know how to do that yet! Thanks for the info, very helpful. Again, BEAUTIFUL WORK!

Reactions: KABERS
A friend's mom passed away earlier this week. This is one of the arrangements I did for her. The only one I had time to snap a picture of..

I just came back from the funeral home. I haven't seen that many arrangements for one person in a while. I counted about 45 pieces....

Attachments

• CIMG0711b.jpg
    CIMG0711b.jpg
    619.1 KB · Views: 32
These are 2 pieces that just left our store.
S6000664.jpgS6000661.jpg
pencil.png

Jenifer your cub fan spray is very very nice. looks like perfection to me. excellent work. the other one with the blanket is very nice also. was that a silk piece? do you have one on display in your store. I have never sold anything like that. We do lots of basket arrangements & put figurines in them like a bear, horse, etc. I also like to do nontraditional pieces. I am doing a casket piece tomarrow with colors to match a star quilt, colors are purple, orange, yellow & white. I'm going to be using lots of purple motsumotos, blush roses, yellow spiders & some white. I was wondering, how much did you charge for the cub spray & how did you do the baseball in the middle? Beautiful work!

Here is the casket piece that matched the star quilt.

S6000584.jpg

View attachment 13770Just a fish we did the other week.. It was a ghosty carp that they guy always wanted to catch.. when i googled it, it had a silver shimmer and a blackish tail.

Paula Love your fish.
I have had to make a few of them before and I find one of the best ways to make a fish look more real is to use laural leaves/flat leaves and just spray them up the colour you need. Takes abit longer to prep if you pre-spray them but the effect is brilliant as you get the great scale effect and the sheen you would get on a wet fish. Even putting a colour on and a shimmer/pearlised spray over the top. It is quicker to put together though and would probably work out cheaper (especially if you have a laural bush you can raid) so a little more profit ;-)

Reactions: Palms
NA$CAR theme today !
100_2925.JPG

Love the Fish coming out of the design. It looks real.

Thank you very much for the compliment. Any chance we get we try to personalize all our arrangements. In this case the man loved to fish & his sister picked out this fish in our store. We love to do these kind of arrangements, as I am sure you all do as well. Thank you again!

Reactions: mumsandmore
Hi Lori,
We are very near a military base so sadly we do more military funerals now than we ever have before. Many people as for a 'flag of flower' opting to have the actual flag folded and inside the casket or displayed. I have always 'stood back' from doing a flag not wanting to disrespect our flag. Can I ask you if you got any feedback + or - about the flag? Also how much did you charge for this casket top? Any answers would be appreciated. Thank you

A young weight lifter passed away. He was only 29, not sure about actual cause of death. But how do you like my Bar bells? The Bar is an old aisle carpet remnant painted with silver. It was actually pretty because the pattern came through in the paint.

Attachments

• barbell sympathy arr..jpg
    barbell sympathy arr..jpg
    782 KB · Views: 35
Jenifer I appreciate all the work you put into your barbell piece. You have quite an imagination! I was noticing the cremones with the green buttons in the center with the studs. Very nice & quite showy. What did you use for your form for the ends & how did you actually sell this piece?