Funeral Pics

Thanks Fancies, the disks were cut from 2" styro using a bucket for a guide. The flowers that look like cremones are cushion pomps with that greenish center (it's all the wholesaler had) and also white button pomps. It only required 6 bunches of pomps to cover. As for selling the piece, his Aunt emphasized how important weight lifting was and that he actally set some records. She wanted large but special. I delivered it as two arrangements and assembled on site with the bar being very removable. total time involved = almost 3 hrs.

010.jpg007.jpg009.jpgTse are from a 33 year ol guy who was a sports nut. The family loved them after I got them done.
pencil.png

Spooky, I enjoyed viewing your pieces. I expecially took note of the casket piece you made to fit exactly in the right spot on the casket to go with the blanket. Very nice job of pleasing your customer. I thought the hats in all 3 arrangements was a very nice touch and very fiting for this person. Good job!

It was a flag and was hard to fold to get it to look right but it did turn out in the end. I get to do alot of casket sprays with family things in. Will try to load more of them in the future. Love doing funeral work especially when the family send you a Thank you card telling you what a great job you did.

Reactions: FANCIES
My Sunday

100_3035.JPG100_3032.JPG100_3037.JPG100_3031.JPG

I'm jealous, Rhonda, even if you did have to work on a Sunday. If it makes you feel any better I taught a workshop today and I'd much rather do a big funeral. Haven't had any funeral work in weeks and I really want some!

Very nice Rhonda. I liked how you grouped the flowers together especially in the wreath. I thought the extra touch with the ribbons on the heart was very nice also. Looks like you were mighty busy. I thought the way you took the pictures with the black background was very nice & I was wondering how do you get your name on your pictures. I want to be able to do that.

Reactions: CHR
The wreath came out of John Henry's Classic Tributes II book... we adapted it sort of to fit their budget and coordinated the other pieces to theme.
The wreath had a ribbon with "Mom" which was ivory and was placed in the ivory section of the wreath. The lighter peaches and ivories blend together in the pictures... something I have to work on with my pic taking. I bought a white screen/window shade and will install hopefully this week although there are some things I prefer to shoot on the black but it gets dirty real quick and because it's a sheet, wrinkles way too easily...
I use Picassa (download at Google/Picassa) and after cropping, I use the "text" option to put the watermark IN the picture and when I export the pictures (another picassa feature where you can resize the photo) it will automatically add the watermark in the lower right hand side.
I found photoshop way too complicated for the time I have to take, crop, and load pictures... so I use Picassa.
The casket spray they wanted "mounded" on the top of the casket (from John Henry Classic Tributes) and actually had 3 hanging ribbon balls with delphinium glued into them. The casket was a darker steel blue so the ivory ribbons with the delphinium blooms looked nice at the funeral home... they were added there. The small heart was tied to the casket lid's lock clasp in the upper part of the lid. It hung perfectly (hopefully it was done dripping - had dripped for two hours..but the FD said "don't worry"). Love my funeral directors......(and wives).

All 4 siblings wanted their own angel arrangement for their Mothers service, along with the casket spray. They each picked an angel and wrote special cards. It was emotionally draining and yet I feel this is why I stay a florist. No matter how bad business might be, I helped a family through a difficult time. It's rewarding and sad at the same time.

Attachments

• angel arr. 2.jpg
    angel arr. 2.jpg
    809.3 KB · Views: 22
  • angel arrangement.jpg
    angel arrangement.jpg
    829.2 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00743.jpg
    DSC00743.jpg
    804.3 KB · Views: 18
  • angel arr. 4.jpg
    angel arr. 4.jpg
    811.5 KB · Views: 20
Not enough I assure you--since they were friends---
I figured it out later-- used 14 bunches of mums, one large sheet of styro-1/2 sheet regular styro=
One hour of prep and 1 1/2 hours of glueing time--I figure it should be about 300.00-350.00 depending on the amount of detail work you add-- Did you see the side view mirror?!?

That is brilliant, you should be very proud!! I did see the side view mirror, fantastic :)

My Aunt who was a prolific landscape painter and made a very good living with her caligraphic skills doing signs (including my shop sign) passed this week from Alzheimers. These were two pieces - the wreath from her family and the palatte from my family...

100_3177.JPG100_3182.JPG

It's made from a piece of foam core board I bought at Rite Aid, sketched out the palatte and cut out. It should have been angled a bit more but...(I'm too much a perfectionist sometimes). The rim is just black wide magic marker and the thumb hole was the same. The "brush" is bear grass with rivercane rod.. The "colors" are mini deco holders which stick on but I also used bind wire and poked small holes through the foam core where I was placing the colors for extra security. But they did stick real good, even the heavier ones. If you go to facebook Maine Florists Association there is a picture of the one Bev McClure did for us at a seminar a couple years ago.. I'll try to go get the link and insert... She made her brush different than I did, but I was short on bear grass. Here

Reactions: concord