Funeral Pics

Rhonda, that molucella design is one of the nicest molucella designs i have ever seen.. seriously :)

Reactions: Rhonda
That is a lovely spray. I love that crisp yellow and white look myself.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
Any advice on edit would be VERY welcome. Downloaded photoshop, still trying to figure out how to use it!

Linda, I downloaded a freeware photo editing program called PhotoScape. Very easy to use. One of its' best features is a backlight adjustment which might help with your photo (although I think it's pretty good). The backlight adjustment might lighten the really dark ruscus & greens, to get them more in balance with the yellow/white flowers. PhotoScape doesn't have everything -- for example, no pixel copying, so I can't eliminate spots, etc. -- but I love the backlight adjustment. I often use 2, and sometimes 3, different photo editing programs to get what I want. (Probably because I'm too cheap to actually buy a do-all program!)

Linda, I'm afraid I'm very partial to a black or dark gray background. I do believe that color saturation is a key to great photos. And Overhead lighting or oblique angle lighting. I've tried using flash with my black background (and lighter backgrounds) and found I get better color (truer color should say) without using my flash (but it could be my camera also).
I've decided there are too many variables and that experimentation is best!!!! Hmm, seems like that just confuses it more - sorry :(

Thanks you guys, still trying. I actually don't use the flash anymore, I picked up that tip from Steve in the thread "re-inventing", then went back through the archives to glean what info I could. This is another casket spray I did last week.
So Rhonda, you actually shoot against a black backdrop? I thought you were putting that in with the edit. Yep, Joan helped me out with some insight, still just trying to become more familiar with it. Would love to figure out how to "soften". My old editing suite, which suddenly quit working right before I started doing my VD images was really good, and I also used another process in a different image editor to webisize them. I'm still sort of lost, and trying to get as many new images as I can of my own, because my new Strider site was launched last Tuesday afternoon.
Yeah!!!! Now, I'm just waiting for the orders to come pouring in. But I know that good images are key to snagging them.
More input is greatly appreciated.
Bright Bon Voyage.jpg

Needing a little reassurance!

Okay, so I was making this one for a service tomorrow, have to deliver at 1:00. The funeral director said the family wanted soft pink, white, and green. Also were interested in callas and roses. Anyway, a designer friend stopped in while I was making it and said it looks like a big bridal bouquet. :pblush: Does it?
Softly-Saying-Goodbye.jpg

I think it is pretty..........certainly not like a big bouquet from looking at the picture.

It's stunning and I would take the comment as a compliment. Who wants anything to look like a funeral? Also, once it's sitting on a casket, it won't look like a bridal bouquet at all! Good job. I'm sure the family will be pleased.

It's stunning and I would take the comment as a compliment. Who wants anything to look like a funeral? Also, once it's sitting on a casket, it won't look like a bridal bouquet at all! Good job. I'm sure the family will be pleased.

Hah! You know, you're right. I didn't even think of that. People are ALWAYS saying they don't want it to look like a funeral, when it's for a funeral. I thought it was pretty, but I always get worried when I have not had contact with the family, just coming up with something from a two minute phone conversation with a busy director, yet spending a ton of somebody else's money.

Ricky, thanks, you can well imagine my anxiety.

well i think it is gorgeous, it is really soft and feminine looking. The grouping is stunning and the choice of materials really compliment each other. It is a perfect tribute for a funeral imo..

Oh, and would i walk down the isle with it... errr NOOOO!!

My customers came in on Tuesday and picked out a broken heart wreath to use as the casket spray. I said sure I could do that. She decided that she wanted the heart on an angle sitting on a bed of greens. I stewed for a day, trying to figure out how I was going to accomplish this, I was really worried about anchoring the wreath to the casket base, since the wreath was so heavy and on an angle. I thought maybe my designer would have suggestions since she has about 30 years of experience. She said "I have never done one!" I finally decided to glue a piece of styrofoam cut on an angle into the center of the saddle. I glued a hyacinth stake in the center of the styrofoam, sticking up about an inch, Put oasis on each side for the greens, and taped it down well. I off centered the heart by placing the stake up through the right hole.

In addition, I made a small heart out of red spray roses for the casket lid.

Here are pictures.

Attachments

• heart 003_edited-1.jpg
    heart 003_edited-1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 28
  • heart 001_edited-1.jpg
    heart 001_edited-1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 17
Susan, looks like your design is a success. Nice work.